NameSilo

domain Please Appraise http://breakingthenewsbarrier.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI!

I'm not sure how to do this - and well - here goes... Please move my post as necessary.

My girlfriend and I are trying to sell our Blog http://breakingthenewsbarrier.com

We know that it has a very high value for the right company because of what it can do.

We are capable of pinging the search engines as fast as PRLog and Free-pressrelease.com - etc.

We also have high article content and over 40 thousand backlinks and more.

We think the value is around 120 grand - But we are not sure how to go about selling it... We're not pros - we are geeks - and we know what we've done... Tina Landrith-Mills is my girlfriend - so you can look her up on Google - and you can check the site out...

Still - I would love to have you guys tell me your opinions - thoughts and maybe even sales suggestions.

Again - we know what we have... so not looking for feedback on the site - we have Analytics - search engine data and stats that are provable and documented.

Anyhow - please feel free to post info - again.. I am new to this site - and if I've posted in the wrong area - please let me know... I'll check back tomorrow for feedback?

Thanks super much!

Oh and Breaking The News Barrier is a Web News site - that has both raked articles - original articles and hits over 130 countries - has a built in advertising platform and we just want to sell it.

We know for the right company the value is extremely high.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am confused as to why you think it is worth something in the region of $120k quite personally, the maximum amount of people you have had at any time is 152 in a single day and for a price like that I would really be expecting you to have at least 10k uniques per day...

Anyways, this forum section is for valuing domain names only and this is only what I can base my ideas on, and it has to be pretty much reg fee, there are far superior names around that can be bought off someone for a couple of hundred dollars and even with the added "value" that you think you have with scraped news from various sources there is nothing solid to entice anyone.

Gone are the days when you can throw something together like this and expect to make millions, what value do you provide which is unique that someone couldn't knock up in a weekend without being a blatant copy?

The way most websites are valued are that a monthly income is multiplied by a number of months, for the price you are expecting you are really needing to have around $3k income per month at least otherwise it is simply pie in the sky dreams.

I will give you an example of a great domain, milliondollarhomepage.com, it has that value because it was the first of its kind and then thousands of imitators came along, and are worthless...just like your site is, I have seen thousands of scraper sites with the occasional original article so why is it worth $120k? O_o

(If someone bought that for their news channel I expect they would find themselves fired before long, it is hardly the Huffington Post is it?)

Last edited:
•••
We think the value is around 120 grand.

Would be cool to reg a domain name in Dec-09 build a blog and sell it for 120k. But dont think that will work. This is worth its income, and no income proof then xx

•••
I wish my blogs were worth $120k lol Good luck with that :)

•••
I am no expert. But here's my opinion. The value of a site depends on a lot of factors, some of which are the "name of the site/URL", the number of visitors, Page rank, Age and the income. Based on these factors, I doubt your site will sell at $120k.

The name is not that good and it has four words in it.
Traffic is very low as well.
It has no PR or PR 0
Age is only 10 months.

As for the revenue, does your site make a lot in a month? If it does, then that might help you sell your site at a higher price. Otherwise, i'd say low xx to low xxx.

Goodluck!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back