IT.COM

domain Please Appraise GREATFACE.INFO, wwwfacebookcomlogin.com, lichen-planus.com, phon.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Could I please get your thoughts on these domains? Much appreciated. One appraisal got me $14,000 ?

Probably a bit too high?:talk:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're not getting $14,000. :)

GreatFace.info is probably worth more than reg fee as it could be marketable and contains two keywords. However the .com is already registered and in use as a plastic surgery website.

Do not register anything with intellectual property right infringement, in this case the words Facebook. Trying to imitate a Facebook webpage may get you some traffic but it as an easy way to get sued and go to jail. Delete this one before you get in too deep!

I know nothing about the other two and cannot make an estimate.

Last edited:
•••
wwwfacebookcomlogin.com this name about as ugly as it gets. Has at least four distinct problems. It makes me want to channel an old and well known np member.

-$157 grace delete, reboot and try again

•••
Agree with with hopkism and John. I would say zero for all...

•••
Unfortunately your domains are worthless. Ask for refund if you can.
Good luck

•••
Do not register anything with intellectual property right infringement, in this case the words Facebook. Trying to imitate a Facebook webpage may get you some traffic but it as an easy way to get sued and go to jail. Delete this one before you get in too deep!

I have taken your advice and deleted all of my domains with any posibility of copy right infringements. Boy... there is a lot to learn in this game, but thanks for your advice.

•••
•••

I have taken your advice and deleted all of my domains with any posibility of copy right infringements. Boy... there is a lot to learn in this game, but thanks for your advice.

There is a ton to learn! But learning is half the fun. We have all made a lot of mistakes and the game is never perfect. This was a really smart decision though.

If you are able to a quick search you will find a decent bit of threads about domain names in the news being sued or being confiscated by groups such as the FBI. It is definitely not a joke and not worth the risk.

Some advice that has been given to me a lot here is to buy domains instead of registering them. The market is pretty flooded right now and it is not entirely clear if there will be any demand for domains beyond what is already available.

Of course with buying domains you have to be careful where you are getting them and what you are acquiring. Staying with .com, .org, and .net has also been recommended to me numerous times as the safest. Stay short as you can with keywords that people actually search for. These domains should retain their value for the time and may gain in value.

However like anything else, there will be a time when domain names are irrelevant or replaced by something else. Always keep up on your game and enjoy the hobby/investment/career.

PM me if you have anymore questions.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back