Please appraise ExitAlarm.com
Unknown.jpg

Some past sales:

housealarms.com 9000 USD - Flippa

smartalarms.com 3750 USD - Sedo

smokealarm.com 5651 USD - DropCatch

wirelessalarm.com 10000 USD - Uniregistry

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe expand your market a bit and think of it as a tech/software - think of all those pop ups that marketers to capture people before the "exit" the site.

Or maybe a child safety product, like an app that triggers an alarm if you kid leaves the hose or gets too far away.

There are a ton of brand opportunities and you will get a good price - depending on your patients.

•••
Maybe expand your market a bit and think of it as a tech/software - think of all those pop ups that marketers to capture people before the "exit" the site.

Or maybe a child safety product, like an app that triggers an alarm if you kid leaves the hose or gets too far away.

There are a ton of brand opportunities and you will get a good price - depending on your patients.
Thank you, I'll just sit on it until I get a decent offer. Got a few mid xxxx but I think it's worth more than that.

•••
You should have sold at mid $xxxx

•••
Thank you, I'll just sit on it until I get a decent offer. Got a few mid xxxx but I think it's worth more than that.

I would have taken that for sure. Hopefully you can still accept those if you decide to settle on them.

•••

why do you think this domain is worth more than say 5k?

is it because of what you paid it?

•••
•••
•••
SiteAlarm, that I consider a close comparator, sold for $1488 (and ArmorAlarm for $1525). I don't see your name as distinctly different in value, and if it was mine would have accepted anything above low $$$$. JMHO

Last edited:
•••
Sure you do. Did I tell you I'll be racing the 200m in the next Olympics? /s

•••
A few mid $xxxx offers but turned them down.... I honestly don’t even see this domain selling for above $50.

I’m interested in what names you have, I know I cant just turn down a few multiple thousand dollar offers for a name like that.

Last edited:
•••
I would have taken that for sure. Hopefully you can still accept those if you decide to settle on them.
I don't have many domains and I don't make a living by selling them, It's my domain and I had it for a few years, it's 18 years old, never dropped, king in its niche, I'm hoping for more than $5.2k and $5.5k, In my opinion, it's sitting between 8k - 13k. That's just my opinion and it's my domain and everyone is free to price their domains as they wish.

•••
•••
A few mid $xxxx offers but turned them down.... I honestly don’t even see this domain selling for above $50.

I’m interested in what names you have, I know I cant just turn down a few multiple thousand dollar offers for a name like that.
Put it this way, I think it's worth more.

•••
•••
why do you think this domain is worth more than say 5k?

is it because of what you paid it?
I paid £30 for it.

•••
SiteAlarm, that I consider a close comparator, sold for $1488 (and ArmorAlarm for $1525). I don't see your name as distinctly different in value, and if it was mine would have accepted anything above low $$$$. JMHO
SiteAlarm = what is that? ArmorAlarm = again, what is that? Exit Alarm = Exit alarms are typically used to notify users of unauthorized exits. They are just as useful as products that alert users when doors are opened, and for entrance into monitored areas.

•••

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 10.09.47.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 10.09.53.png

•••
SiteAlarm = what is that? ArmorAlarm = again, what is that? Exit Alarm = Exit alarms are typically used to notify users of unauthorized exits. They are just as useful as products that alert users when doors are opened, and for entrance into monitored areas.

There are many places explaining what site alarms are, but this companies listings probably give you an idea. It is a more generic term, of various types of alarms.

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/site-alarms/

I perhaps should not have mixed the brandable Armor with the other, as I agree it is not a generic term. The company that bought it uses it to redirect to their main site listed below

http://www.protectedbyarmor.com/

By same token in your original post comparators I suspect that SmokeAlarm is considerably more well known and valuable than ExitAlarm.

Clearly you have more expertise than me in this area, just expressing what I would have done. Best of luck.

•••
There are many places explaining what site alarms are, but this companies listings probably give you an idea. It is a more generic term, of various types of alarms.

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/site-alarms/

I perhaps should not have mixed the brandable Armor with the other, as I agree it is not a generic term. The company that bought it uses it to redirect to their main site listed below

http://www.protectedbyarmor.com/

By same token in your original post comparators I suspect that SmokeAlarm is considerably more well known and valuable than ExitAlarm.

Clearly you have more expertise than me in this area, just expressing what I would have done. Best of luck.
MetBob, I appreciate any feedback I can get, I didn't mean to sound condescending. Thanks, you have a point, smoke alarms are more popular but that doesn't mean you can't sell plenty of exit alarms. Just imagine that you develop an e-commerce system and start selling only exit alarms, with the right SEO in place you would monopolize the search results. Exact match domains still have an advantage over rankings.

•••
I don't have many domains and I don't make a living by selling them, It's my domain and I had it for a few years, it's 18 years old, never dropped, king in its niche, I'm hoping for more than $5.2k and $5.5k, In my opinion, it's sitting between 8k - 13k. That's just my opinion and it's my domain and everyone is free to price their domains as they wish.

The fact that it's old and you like it doesn't mean it's as valuable as you think it is. I could have registered dgkdjgagijeaivv.com 20+ years ago; that doesn't mean I can sell it for 10k.

I would at least in your position have accepted that offer, but what do I know? You may still prove me wrong.

•••
If thats a real 4K offer you turned down than that sucks lol travel to the ends of the earth to find that buyer again. Once he wises up, you’re definitely not gonna see another 4k offer again from someone else. Seeing as it was over 6 months ago though, I assume he got a reality check.

Take that 4k if you can!!! Don’t be silly! The name is not as valuable as you think it is, not even close. 4k is a GREAT deal for that name.... theres no way on earth you paid anything close to that for it right? Even with the pics of the offer, its really hard to believe those are legit.... because this name is so not, not , not even worth close to 4k.... I say it not to be rude but as the truth lol you could snag 4-6 GREAT LLLL’s .coms for that price. You could get some well know exact match products/services, or some one word .coms for that price.

Last edited:
•••
Exit Alarm is an Exact Match Domain

Asking price could be $5.000

maxresdefault.jpg

•••
If thats a real 4K offer you turned down than that sucks lol travel to the ends of the earth to find that buyer again. Once he wises up, you’re definitely not gonna see another 4k offer again from someone else. Seeing as it was over 6 months ago though, I assume he got a reality check.

Take that 4k if you can!!! Don’t be silly! The name is not as valuable as you think it is, not even close. 4k is a GREAT deal for that name.... theres no way on earth you paid anything close to that for it right? Even with the pics of the offer, its really hard to believe those are legit.... because this name is so not, not , not even worth close to 4k.... I say it not to be rude but as the truth lol you could snag 4-6 GREAT LLLL’s .coms for that price. You could get some well know exact match products/services, or some one word .coms for that price.
It's great to see so many opinions but I already declined the offer and I would do it again. I'll let you know when it sells for the right price, I promise, if you're still around. God knows how long it will take for the right end user to show up, maybe a year, maybe 2, maybe 10. Thanks again.

•••
It's great to see so many opinions but I already declined the offer and I would do it again. I'll let you know when it sells for the right price, I promise, if you're still around. God knows how long it will take for the right end user to show up, maybe a year, maybe 2, maybe 10. Thanks again.

You could set the asking price at $20k if you want. Asking price is a "starting" price.

But Exit Alarm, in my view, although is a very wellknown common expression, it has a lack in brandability.

In fact Exit Alarm is generally used as adjective.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back