Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
ஜ.com ....... single letter from the tamil alphabet

any views i wonder

only occassional type ins

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My native language is Tamil and I haven't registered any Tamil IDNs. I haven't registered any because majority of the tamil websites use English to write the Tamil word.
ex: padam (movie / picture)
paatu (song)
vilayadu(play / go play)

There are type-ins for the I (ஐ) domain because there's a Tamil movie coming out with the name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_(film)

Reality: There are no buyers for Tamil IDN domains. I go to Tamil stores / watch movies / and read the newspapers and haven't seen a Tamil IDN domain used to advertise a business or product or a movie.
Example: Official Tamil ராஜபாட்டை (Rajapattai) movie website. Movie came out this year.: http://www.rajapattaimovie.com/
ராஜபாட்டை.com is available for registration.

Last edited:
•••
Worth hanging on to,IMO.
Single letters are worth very good money, in major languages, and will be worth good money, in almost all languages, going forward.

•••
Hi,

Great domain!!
where and how you registered a Tamil alphabet domain with .com extension?
how much it costs per year?

•••
I have previously stated i have japanese and chinese idn's ...cheers

•••
@.tv,

What are your thoughts on Tamil numbers? Or more specifically, numbers 4-9? :) Interested in your opinion on this.

Almost the entire Tamil speaking audience has no knowledge of Tamil number system, because of the fact that these numbers are NOT in use anywhere, not even at schools too.

The only people aware of these numbers are, people born on or before 1930s. :|

•••
I think if you do go for these domains, Chinese, Hindi and Japanese (=Chinese) characters will be the safest bet.

The most valuable IMO will be:
1) Chinese- they have registered about 65%-75% of all IDNs registered according to Verisign. A billion population and a couple of million current internet users. PPC is pennies, but with enough clicks can still easily be xx and xxx per month.

2) Japanese- slow to start, but has the best potential and great PPC rates. Many think idn.idn will kickstart things in the next 2-3 years.

3) Russian- current best for traffic and PPC due to the Opera browser which is popular in Russia defaulting to .com. Russians use .rf and hardly any .com, but huge market and decent PPC.

4) Hindi...the sleeper, but as cell phones and ipads become the "computers" of the future there should be good opportunity. Many here say Hindi will only use English on the internet....Might want to plan long term with these, at least 5 + more years, maybe longer to see big appreciation. Again, a billion person market and top keywords can be had for reasonable prices.

Other- Thai, Vietnamese, Portuguese and Spanish are also very popular IDN.

•••
What is this Letter mean?

•••
What is this Letter mean?

I believe it is the letter 'j' in the tamil alphabet, i also think that they going to have their own language script in the future, whether it is worth hanging onto until then is debatible, the symbol its self seems to be popular with bloggers etc

•••
Hi,

Great domain!!
where and how you registered a Tamil alphabet domain with .com extension?
how much it costs per year?

You can reg at godaddy or dynadot , just click on the international domains link under the general domains heading ....idn search will be the category

•••
www.ஹ்.com
www.ஸ்.com

I thought they looked creative, beautiful, and promising investments.

What do you think of these - any thoughts on registering these.

One stands for the letter s and the other means h in Tamil.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
www.ஹ்.com
www.ஸ்.com

I thought they looked sexy.

What do you think of these - any thoughts on registering these.

One stands for the letter s and the other means h in Tamil.

Thanks.

I do like the idea of single character domains but my only worry is whether the population has enough internet access to make these (yours and mine) of any value. One thing i do know and this that the extension of .com will be available in tamil so the whole address will be in the language script of tamil

Mine would be the letter 'j' and has quite a few references in google which is part of the reason i chose it

I think ok to have one or two but nothing beyond that ....good luck to both of us

Last edited:
•••
I believe you are right - Google already has a phonetic typing keyboard for translating English into Tamil.

Good luck again to both of us - I'll see you on the yacht. :)

•••
I believe you are right - Google already has a phonetic typing keyboard for translating English into Tamil.

Good luck again to both of us - I'll see you on the yacht. :)

Cool @ !!

•••
ஜ.com ....... single letter from the tamil alphabet

any views i wonder

only occassional type ins

Looks cool -

It seems that you like the single character/alphabet IDN very much;
how many this kind of IDN you have got at moment?

•••
Looks cool -

Thanks

I had two from the kanada alphabet but i let them drop in preference to getting a few japanese idn's

So this is my only one at the moment

•••
The fact that it's a single letter and available probably not very much

•••
•••
Looks cool -

Why you want to buy one?

•••
Thanks

I had two from the kanada alphabet but i let them drop in preference to getting a few japanese idn's

So this is my only one at the moment

From my point of view - I think that the value of Japanese alphabet will be higher than Tamil alphabet; but why you dropped them?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Why you want to buy one?

I've got few of the alphabet IDNs already; but if the selling price acceptable, of course I'll buy more...

Do you have any?

•••
From my point of view - I think that the value of Japanese alphabet will be higher than Tamil alphabet; but why you dropped them?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I've got few of the alphabet IDNs already; but if the selling price acceptable, of course I'll buy more...

Do you have any?

I have dropped two single letters from the Kanada alphabet in preference to having 'words in japanese' so all up i have about five or six japanese idn's, two german, two chinese and the one single letter tamil idn. I only want about ten idn's in my portfolio at this point.

•••
I have dropped two single letters from the Kanada alphabet in preference to having 'words in japanese' so all up i have about five or six japanese idn's, two german, two chinese and the one single letter tamil idn. I only want about ten idn's in my portfolio at this point.

That is fine, probably your domain name invest strategy is better than mine.

I only focus on IDNs and dot PRO domain names.

•••
That is fine, probably your domain name invest strategy is better than mine.

I only focus on IDNs and dot PRO domain names.

Just handy to have my finger in the pie

•••
I've got few of the alphabet IDNs already; but if the selling price acceptable, of course I'll buy more...Do you have any?

No I don't but I believe there are still a few available for Tamil.

I have strong beliefs that these single letter domains will do us good. Many variables to look when determining value - but then again we all know that. Best wishes.

Last edited:
•••
No I don't but I believe there are still a few available for Tamil.

I have strong beliefs that these single letter domains will do us good. Many variables to look when determining value - bet then again we all know that.

According to Wikipedia there are 65 million Tamil speakers in the world. The language is spoken in India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, and Mauritius.
If you are a native speaker there is probably still a goldmine of good prime generic .com terms available. ;)

For the past few years I have been buying Hindi language IDN domains in .com said to be 400,000,000 plus native speakers of Hindi language.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back