NameSilo

domain Please Appraise A b o u t . tel

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hello!

I live in the Netherlands and I´ve been contacted by someone who is living in the US. She is interested in this domain:

a b o u t . tel

The person who sent me an email uses ........ @ a u t h s o m e . com as e-mailaddress.

I've searched on google and i found that there are a few people with this e-mailaddress. They bought some (expensive) names for companies like EA and SanDISK.

The person asks me what i want for this domain.

I would like to ask you all for an appraisal..

Thanks a lot!

PS: Please respect i wrote the e-mailaddress with space between te letters.. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No one who can help me with an appraisal?

•••
.tel is difficult to appraise as it isn't very popular.

What I would recommend is responding that you are prepared to take offers on the domain.

•••
This is an interesting .tel domain but it's is difficult to make an appraisal for domains in this relatively new extension.

You could chance low-mid $x,xxx to test the water - if it's a big player this offer might work but it might scare away others.

Pay dottel sold for $5,000 3 months ago.

Historical Dot Tel Sales

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

Last edited:
•••
I wanted to let you know that I also tooka look at your post, just don't know what to tell you.

I deal mainly in .coms where it is easier for me to figure out the value to an end user. At least in my mind.

There is another appraisal thread for ccTLD's which might fit your .tel domain. But I am not for sure. You might try that here cctld-appraisal-thread.html

I would without a doubt make them make the first offer as Kirkland suggests.

Good Luck and when the sale goes through please report it in the Report Domain Sales Thread

SmokinJoe

•••
I would without a doubt make them make the first offer as Kirkland suggests.
SmokinJoe

Just to give some reasoning behind using this method. If the company has bought high-profile domains they may have deep pockets, so they may offer you a price you would of never imagined asking for.

It saves you asking for $5,000 when they were prepared to offer $25,000.

•••
Even $1 is one buck more than what it's worth. Ask her to make her best offer; invest your profit in a real TLD.

•••
I wrote:

Hi...

I thought about a price..
but I want to ask you to make your best offer

:P You're not supposed to let on that you thought about a price yet because then she could always try to coax that number from you which might be less than her offer.

Next time, something along the lines of: "I'm not sure if I want to sell this name but please submit your best offer and I will take it under consideration".

•••
Think for a second: you can't develop this domain or otherwise monetize it. Unless you plan to use it as a biz card for those that type a URL in their iPhone in order to get your phone number, then any offer is a good offer. You already asked her to make her best offer, which she did. Unless you feel confident about this god-sent offer not disappearing into thin air, don't get greedy by almost doubling what she offers. Make sure this is not an appraisal scam as well, ask for a full name and phone number to discuss.

•••
Someone told me to counter on 1.500 USD

He thinks negotiating is still possible

What do you all think??

If its the first time you ever sold a domain I would take the $800 just for the successful experience!!!!

But on the other hand your email was too wordy in my opinon and cause them to enduser low ball you (in my guessing opinion). I would counter 1500. But its up to you to risk it.

•••
I'd of personally replied "Is that your best offer?" to see if they were trying to low-ball you.

•••
•••
No not yet.. i will let you know

•••
Take the offer and run :imho:

•••
I agree! That's a great price, all day long... :)

Looking forward to the conclusion. Please keep us posted.

Best of luck.

-Regards

•••
•••
She has made an offer of 1760 USD and I agreed. Now waiting for the payment (sedo)

•••
•••
Thanks..

The topic may be closed

•••
Nice Sale.....I need one of those this week!

•••
Great news! Congratulations on an excellent first sale.

-Regards

•••
Thanks guys! I am very pleased..

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back