Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

PayPKR

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I love it. I'd say upper 5 to lower 6 figures to an end-user, easily

EDIT: This has a developed site. Domain-only value is not easy to evaluate as such

Last edited:
•••
This name is awesome worth millions

•••
Well-developed site and business. Do you own it?

•••
•••
Short, memorable, great dot-com domain name and professionally developed website.
Just perfect!
P.S. I use pink Himalayan salt as a table salt everyday.

•••
The domain itself is five figures, the main issue is the niche. There are very few businesses that break rock salt, of course this domain is short and memorable enough where it could be used by other businesses too, but it would be worth less to them.

•••
Pretty interesting site. So what do you want the appraisal for, are you considering selling it? I would keep it if I were you as part of your business it has more value. Wholesale I would think somewhere in the 1-3K range, retail in the 25-50k range to the right buyer and if you are appraising it for insurance purposes, much higher than that as losing it would cost the business a lot in lost business, lost emails, lost orders and re-orders etc.
I had to take a look as salt interests me :)

•••
I see PinkSalt.com and PakistanSalt.com are sister sites of the same company? The PinkSalt site actually uses the PakistanSalt domain name for its email address, too.

What is confusing to me is that PinkSalt.com is listed for sale on Afternic for a BIN of $12K. Also listed at Sedo but with 'make offer'. Are those your listings?

It's confusing me because pink salt is big business, available in stores worldwide. And if your website/company does indeed manufacture, process, export, sell pink salt and products made from it, then you have a huge business going; why would the domain be listed for such a small price at Afternic, and if the company's doing well with sales why bother asking for a valuation just for the domain?

It's a great domain. It's not 'ultra-premium', but it is premium. According to DotDB, PinkSalt is taken in 50 extensions, as well as being part of many other domain strings. Even without a business attached, it's a low- to mid- $xx,xxx domain, end user pricing. Reseller pricing would be in the mid- to high- $x,xxx range, maybe just breaking into the very bottom of $xx,xxx on a good day.

But I would like to hear what's happening with the Afternic listing, and with why you're asking for an appraisal :)

Last edited:
•••
Short, memorable, great dot-com domain name and professionally developed website.
Just perfect!
P.S. I use pink Himalayan salt as a table salt everyday.
Thanks.
Pretty interesting site. So what do you want the appraisal for, are you considering selling it? I would keep it if I were you as part of your business it has more value. Wholesale I would think somewhere in the 1-3K range, retail in the 25-50k range to the right buyer and if you are appraising it for insurance purposes, much higher than that as losing it would cost the business a lot in lost business, lost emails, lost orders and re-orders etc.
I had to take a look as salt interests me :)
Thank you Joe taking out the time to reply.

Another project of ours unexpectedly took off beyond expectations and scaling it has been keeping us a lot busy, leaving us less and less time every week to invest in this business.

This leaves us with two options, to partner up with someone who could take over the marketing side of this business or selling the domain. However, for both options, it is necessary to know the value/appraisal of the domain so that we can prepare a realistic business plan to present to potential future partner or buyers.

One big relief ever since owning this domain, is that, sales have been pouring in without investing money in marketing budgets or efforts except for routine website updates.

My partner was expecting low six-figure valuation based on his research of global monthly exact keyword search and CPC for exact keyword and other related keywords with commercial and transactional intent. This is a very competitive keyword, both on Google and amazon. Not just in the US but also in other countries. Thus, his expectations of 6-figure valuation.

•••
Thus, his expectations of 6-figure valuation.
I would suggest you adjust your Afternic pricing ASAP if that is the case

•••
I see PinkSalt.com and PakistanSalt.com are sister sites of the same company? The PinkSalt site actually uses the PakistanSalt domain name for its email address, too.

What is confusing to me is that PinkSalt.com is listed for sale on Afternic for a BIN of $12K. Also listed at Sedo but with 'make offer'. Are those your listings?

It's confusing me because pink salt is big business, available in stores worldwide. And if your website/company does indeed manufacture, process, export, sell pink salt and products made from it, then you have a huge business going; why would the domain be listed for such a small price at Afternic, and if the company's doing well with sales why bother asking for a valuation just for the domain?

It's a great domain. It's not 'ultra-premium', but it is premium. According to DotDB, PinkSalt is taken in 50 extensions, as well as being part of many other domain strings. Even without a business attached, it's a low- to mid- $xx,xxx domain, end user pricing. Reseller pricing would be in the mid- to high- $x,xxx range, maybe just breaking into the very bottom of $xx,xxx on a good day.

But I would like to hear what's happening with the Afternic listing, and with why you're asking for an appraisal :)
Thank you for bringing this to my knowledge. I just checked afternic listing and it is infact listed there for $12k but it is not listed by us. How do I get it removed as it looks like scam and this is the first time I am experiencing something like this and this has got me worried.

The listing on Sedo with make an offer option is owned by us.

PakistanSalt is where it started from and we eventually upgraded to pinksalt.

•••
Thank you for bringing this to my knowledge. I just checked afternic listing and it is infact listed there for $12k but it is not listed by us. How do I get it removed as it looks like scam and this is the first time I am experiencing something like this and this has got me worried.

The listing on Sedo with make an offer option is owned by us.

PakistanSalt is where it started from and we eventually upgraded to pinksalt.
If you are considering selling, then in addition to Sedo I would also recommend listing on Afternic. It is a marketplace owned by Godaddy and it has a huge partner/affiliate network.

All you need to do is create an Afternic account. Then log in, add the domain under 'add domains'. It will ask you to verify that you are the owner. I don't want to spend a half hour writing out all the instructions, you can find those on that site (and here too). Short version: to validate your ownership, there is a section in your account that gives you a code, which you copy and then paste into your domain's nameservers. Then you click a verify button.

That will verify that you own the domain, it will remove the other fake listing. ***Note that although there are rampant fake listings by people who do not actually own the domains they are listing, you do not need to worry about that. If someone tried to buy the fake listing that is currently on Afternic, then since that seller does not actually own the domain, the transaction would not be able to go through.

Also, though there are many intentional fake listings, this could be a listing that simply wasn't removed by one of the previous owners of the domain, whenever they sold or dropped it.

Good luck!

Also, just a caveat: when we give appraisals, we try to give realistic minimum appraisals. It's like any auction house: they don't give an appraisal price range based on, you know, multiple huge extremely motivated and rich buyers all creating a frenzy to buy the product; they have to give a conservative appraisal based on average prices in the current market. So of course, given some dream buyers becoming interested in your domain, it could be sold for much more than the appraisal values we are giving you. Especially if they specialize in pink salt, have huge plans or are already a huge company, and have a big budget to buy this domain.

Under those ideal circumstances, and adding to that if your website already receives a lot of traffic... then yes, you may be able to value your domain in the range your partner hopes for.

:)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks.

Thank you Joe taking out the time to reply.

Another project of ours unexpectedly took off beyond expectations and scaling it has been keeping us a lot busy, leaving us less and less time every week to invest in this business.

This leaves us with two options, to partner up with someone who could take over the marketing side of this business or selling the domain. However, for both options, it is necessary to know the value/appraisal of the domain so that we can prepare a realistic business plan to present to potential future partner or buyers.

One big relief ever since owning this domain, is that, sales have been pouring in without investing money in marketing budgets or efforts except for routine website updates.

My partner was expecting low six-figure valuation based on his research of global monthly exact keyword search and CPC for exact keyword and other related keywords with commercial and transactional intent. This is a very competitive keyword, both on Google and amazon. Not just in the US but also in other countries. Thus, his expectations of 6-figure valuation.
Salt is not a great keyword. This is from a guy who owns a small salt company. As far as domain names - without a business attached go. If you want to sell the company I would sell the company with the domain as part of the assets and not just the domain. Here are the top public sales ending in "salt" of all time according to Namebio. Not much money in it. I bought salt.club privately and it would also be on this top 10 list as well but not 5 figures even. From a guy who knows domains and salt I don't think you'd get 6 figures for the domain itself, there are better domain options in the salt market for less money.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 12.59.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 12.59.37 PM.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back