IT.COM

question .photography domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DavidLSander

Established Member
Impact
worth investing in ? I've found a few excellent names available will these be good long term investments ?

Please discuss is there a resale
Market for these ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion this is like .technology
Other extensions do the same job like .pic and with much less length.
So, useless.

•••
•••
Are there any domain extensions worth investing in ?

•••
It depends about the situation. Say you have found a possible end-user on UK. Then, a relative to the product .co.uk domain name, maybe do the job and allow you to sell it. Even if it's a little brandable. You must have:
  1. The right keyword
  2. In the right extension
  3. For the right buyer
  4. In the right time
  5. In the right price
  6. Luck
  7. Patience

Last edited:
•••
Photo, pic is final product. The art is photography.
i bought only one.
adult

•••
Stay away from these new gtld's, most companies don't even know they exist.

If you can get some that makes prefect sense like Wedding.Photography, it might worth the risk but most of those are reserved by the registry or registered as a premium for ridiculous prices when the extension was launched

wedding.photography
This name is reserved by the Registry in accordance with ICANN Policy.
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-05-05T21:19:40Z <<<

Terms of Use: Users accessing the Donuts WHOIS service must agree to use the data only for lawful purposes, and under under no circumstances use the data to: Allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than the registrar's own existing customers. Enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of Donuts or any ICANN-accredited registrar, except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. When using the Donuts Whois service, please consider the following: The Whois service is not a replacement for standard EPP commands to the SRS service. Whois is not considered authoritative for registered domain objects. The Whois service may be scheduled for downtime during production or OT&E maintenance periods. Queries to the Whois services are throttled. If too many queries are received from a single IP address within a specified time, the service will begin to reject further queries for a period of time to prevent disruption of Whois service access.

•••
Stay away from these new gtld's, most companies don't even know they exist.

If you can get some that makes prefect sense like Wedding.Photography, it might worth the risk but most of those are reserved by the registry or registered as a premium for ridiculous prices when the extension was launched

There are silly long dot com's for sale now. As many have spread out investments
over new extensions the length of an acceptable dot com is now shortened I am the biggest supporter of dot com. I also think there are only half a dozen good keywords for every gTLD extension. The concern with gTLDs is actually you hope enough people buy crappy names for every dot extension so it actually stays active. It would suck to own wedding.photography and only have couple of hundred names registered so the extension fails and having the extension itself collapse eating up time programming and of course domain itself for now there are some bigger risks but some gains to be easily identified. Right now the best of each gTLDs are like gold nuggets on the ground. It may to be hard to buy anything in dot com TLD or gTLD in 10 years you want or like at rego fee. Expired premium anything rarely goes back to a $10 rego today. Domaining will only get more difficult from now.

Last edited:
•••
worth investing in ? I've found a few excellent names available will these be good long term investments ?

Please discuss is there a resale
Market for these ?
Rego fee no sales have been made pioneer the first sale make history.
You could ask for some large money but dot net org should be acquired or you high price premium will just look high priced. You can't put a price on an extension alone as zdxzvzdjfbnobgibjiogbjigbpogkogppkgkg.com is worth less than rego fee even though a dot com.
You need to justify to seller your price.

Last edited:
•••
@lock

Try and buy a premium keyword in the new gtlds...You cant unless its a ridiculous price..then youll struggle to sell because you have to sell for a fortune to make any profit...companies won't pay big $$ for them when they can buy a .com for that price.

This has happened with all new extensions over the years...history keeps repeating itself

•••
@lock

Try and buy a premium keyword in the new gtlds...You cant unless its a ridiculous price..then youll struggle to sell because you have to sell for a fortune to make any profit...companies won't pay big $$ for them when they can buy a .com for that price.

This has happened with all new extensions over the years...history keeps repeating itself

Adult dot photography will cost $72 to renew now or $90 a year if no discount.
Sale prices
adult.mobi 30k
adult.global 3.5k
adult.pro 2.1k
dnpric.es

Herbalist dot shop is $27 a year.
Hack dot computer is $72 a year

Last edited:
•••
.thisgenerictopleveldomainistoolong

•••
The following, competing TLDs are delegated:
  • PHOTO
  • PHOTOS
  • PICTURES
  • PICS
+ more to come in the future...
A .photography is unlikely to sell on its own merits, even if those alternatives didn't exist.

•••
•••
•••
Adult dot photography will cost $72 to renew now or $90 a year if no discount.
Sale prices
adult.mobi 30k
adult.global 3.5k
adult.pro 2.1k
dnpric.es

Herbalist dot shop is $27 a year.
Hack dot computer is $72 a year

Adult.photography is registered and developed, its not available to purchase. What I am saying is try go and out and buy a premium keyword in any of the decent gtlds, you cant get them for reasonable prices, most are reserved by the registry or already registered and for sale at crazy prices.

Most of these extensions are domainer extensions, most companies are not aware they exist and it wont change

I can find about 9 recorded sales in total on all the sales sites since back in 2014, then check those domains, all parked and for sale, that must tell you something

Last edited:
•••
I learned that in forum- Right keyword in domain name=good domain. Its for all gTLD.

•••
.selfie might come someday aswell..

•••
If you find the right term at the right price, then yes, it's worth investing in.

.photography is owned by donuts and they have released almost all keywords in their extensions. They have reserved only a small amount of good domains (5-10 per extension).

Right now, most great .photography domains are taken, unless something drops it is unlikely that you'll manage to get an exceptional domain, but some good domains are still available. For example, if you check namebio.com for (keyword)photography.com sales you'll see that there some are still available in the form of (keyword).photography (although I'm not recommending to go register all these for various reasons).

Regarding high renewals that was mentioned above, this is not always true. Donuts owned extensions(about 200) gave investors and end-users the opportunity to get good names with very reasonable renewal prices. Some people only look at highly marketed extensions like .xyz, .top, .shop, .store, .tech and more that have priced many of their names extremely high and then draw conclusions regarding all new gtlds. Since we're talking about .photography, personally I have registered 3 domains that all have reasonable renewals(aerial, car - low $xx and 3d - high $xx). Bottom line is that there are good opportunities in some extensions if you search for them but be careful what you register. Lack of marketing and lack of public awareness means that even great left.right combinations will have a hard time selling at this time.

•••
Adult.photography is registered and developed, its not available to purchase. What I am saying is try go and out and buy a premium keyword in any of the decent gtlds, you cant get them for reasonable prices, most are reserved by the registry or already registered and for sale at crazy prices.

Most of these extensions are domainer extensions, most companies are not aware they exist and it wont change

I can find about 9 recorded sales in total on all the sales sites since back in 2014, then check those domains, all parked and for sale, that must tell you something

It is owned by me and that is what I pay. It is forwarded to a free host anyone could have done same.

•••
I have registered

HotelSuites.vegas
BookFlights.vegas

•••
•••
yes i started the thread which seems to have mutated into other domains, agreed off topic.

•••
@lock

and when did you purchase the domain?

The OP is asking the question "Are they worth investing in now?"

Try buy a premium word now, it's not easy or cheap.

•••
@lock

and when did you purchase the domain?

The OP is asking the question "Are they worth investing in now?"

Try buy a premium word now, it's not easy or cheap.

Only a couple of months ago.
Last week I bought fastest dot bike at about $10 was easy as a click of the mouse.
Is anything without proven sales history worth investing in. Maybe not be This is business of speculation and if i make a decent sale i will be right if not i am wrong but am putting my money on a few. If your going to go for it now it is probably better than later.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back