Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Phising Attack?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

BrandonG

VIP Member
Impact
14
Would this be considered a phishing attack?

I received an e-mail earlier today stating someone named Chris had a business proposition for me. I had replied, and questioned what it was. Here is part of the e-mail message:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY MAIL.I AM DELIGHTED THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO CO-OPERATE AND ASSIST ME TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TRANSACTION,IRRESPECTIVE OF THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW ME. I GOT YOUR CONTACT FROM INTERNET DURING MY SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY FOREIGN PARTNER THAT CAN HANDLE SUCH A PROFITABLE CONFIDENTIAL TRANSACTION OF THIS NATURE.

He wants to do a transaction of some $35 million from nigeria. He claims that he found my name and e-mail while searching for a reliable person. Is this a scam/phishing attack or what? The rest of the e-mail is supposively "top secret" so I can't release it just in case(naive, I know). Anyways, what is this?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
its a nigerian scam. dump it
 
0
•••
ye i bet its a scam, u will prolly notice the deposit from like 423423 diff bank accounts and he will get u to send 75% to a overseas account
 
0
•••
Oh okay, thanks for letting me know :o.
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
i get them everyday, there always in spam, just delete or keep playing with him, keep him thinking your gonna go along until the last minute
 
0
•••
Nigerian scam letter.. im getting letters like this all the time.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back