Dynadot

Pheenix increasing Backordering prices to $59.99

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anantj

Top Member
Impact
Starting July 15th, Pheenix is increasing the price of its Gold backorder product to $59.99. That's over $20 higher than its current price of $38.99 (A whopping increase of over 51% from the current price). Their price is now higher than Dropcatch. Given their relatively lower performance, I don't see the justification for this significant price increase.

Beginning July 15, 2017, pricing for Gold backorders will increase to $59.99 for com/net. There will also be increases for other domain extensions. Our price is still a lot lower than others.

What are your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Like digging their own grave...

•••
•••
They are only good in catching some .org.

I think, even their .org prices go very high when in auctions. I wonder why.

•••
it was so hard to win a valuable domain for the minimum fee so this is not making a big difference now.

however it was great to try to snatch a 2nd tier domain for a lower fee than other services....
the cheaper service they offer is never able to win something decent, at least for my experience.

i'm really sad about this price update as they raised it very few time ago

•••
•••
They have not caught any names of substantial value for a long time, so..... I have used their supersaver sometime then I was not sure I had the time to try to catch a name myself, but the last 2 I had backordered I reached to hand register before Phenix caught them.

•••
it was so hard to win a valuable domain for the minimum fee so this is not making a big difference now.

Domains that you want for yourself might be valuable to you but not necessarily to the general public. Now you'll have to pay $20 more for each backorder that you place that others do not backorder (hence those that you win directly without auction)

•••
Over the past 2 years they have increased prices from $18.95 —> $21.99 —> $24.99 —> $28.99 —> $38.99 to $59.99 today!

And whats’s far worse than their price increases is that they changed private closed auctions to open public auctions for domains with multiple backorders!

•••
They have caught about 50% of all the 4l coms I followed. Granted they all went to auction anyway.

•••
They have caught about 50% of all the 4l coms I followed. Granted they all went to auction anyway.

I don't quite agree. I'm pretty certain that between DC and SN+NJ, ~80-85% of 4Ls were caught by them and not by Pheenix... Pheenix has, imo, an abysmal record of captures of good or in-demand names

•••
I don't quite agree. I'm pretty certain that between DC and SN+NJ, ~80-85% of 4Ls were caught by them and not by Pheenix... Pheenix has, imo, an abysmal record of captures of good or in-demand names
Pheenix own about 500 registrars for dropcatching, so it's strange that they're not able to catch more/better names. They seem to really underperform in view of their registrar firing power.

•••
They have one of the worst sites and I was expecting a fix by now. Feels very unprofessional every time I log into there.

•••
Every domain I wanted always landed on Dropcatch. At the same price I know where I'll be backordering now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back