Dynadot

Periods to sell domains..is it weak period now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sab

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

there are surely some strong periods to sell and some very weak.
Do you have any report about it? Is it a low period now?
I feel everyone is trying to sell more than buy.....

Thank you !
Sabina

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are such periods - such as the summer holidays - when people aren't buying as much. But I don't think it makes any difference. You might have your best run of sales when everybody around you is talking about how slow it is. Conversely, you might have a long dry spell while others are talking about their great sales.

So I would recommend not to think slow periods or bad. I make sales when I can, and if others are selling cheap, I buy. Unless you have a very large inventory of names, your sales fluctuations have more to do with chance than with whatever period it is.

•••
March seems to have gone slow indeed, I felt so as well.
Many great domains, with premium listings at Flippa, only fetched about $1200 - $2000 top bids.
Probably due to March being the year closing? Top bidders may have been busy with the tax filings.

•••
There is more sellers than buyers.

I guess that's only stating the obvious...

•••
There is no fixed period for buying/selling, If you are trying to reach an end user, then you shall expect a sale to be done within any period not something specific.

•••
After a few years of selling domains, I have seen that March is usually slow. Reviewing my sales data, I find that April to November are very solid periods.

•••
After long years of selling domains, i can say it for sure that i were able to experience solid sales in all months, there is no fixed relation for predicating when will the solid sale happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back