IT.COM

sales Perhaps the first SEDO dot CLICK nTLD Auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super Software

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Both SmartHome.click and SmartHomes.click have been bid to 750 USD on Sedo with about 6 hours left for the auction to end.

Who says nTLDs are worthless or have poor aftermarket early trends?

https://sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=182821&tracked=&partnerid=35426&language=us

https://sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=182822&tracked=&partnerid=35426&language=us

It's only 1 bid and under $1,000. It could be the TM holder - http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:nuv00g.2.8

This doesn't make anybody else's crappy . clicks any more valuable.

•••
It's only 1 bid and under $1,000. It could be the TM holder - http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:nuv00g.2.8

This doesn't make anybody else's crappy . clicks any more valuable.

Many companies use the term Smart Home(s) and have trademarks, it's generic therefore your example is another red herring.

Good to see this sale, I'm sure the buyer has a valid/legal use in mind but it's a bit early IMO to let these go at such a cheap price unless you need the cash now. I'm more long term...

•••
Many companies use the term Smart Home(s) and have trademarks, it's generic therefore your example is another red herring.

Good to see this sale, I'm sure the buyer has a valid/legal use in mind but it's a bit early IMO to let these go at such a cheap price unless you need the cash now. I'm more long term...

Yes, that's a fake link I posted. Of course the person who has lots of trademarks themselves would disagree.

What would you build on smarthome.click that has nothing to do with - http://www.smarthome.com/

Your reply below is some of the same nonsense you posted in your own TM threads.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't say it's a fake link but you need to understand TM's better IMO. The one you posted is for online services, you have no clue what the intended purpose of this site is for. Go to trademarkia there's several TM's for this term and not just the one you pointed out.

It's a fact you can't dispute, if it's generic such as Smart Home(s) multiple trademarks can be obtained as long as the business model/TM is different.

The facts out way your gTLD propaganda, stiring the pot within the gTLD threads. JMO. :)

•••
Rather than replying to my comments you feel the need to edit your entire post? :)

Let me reply to your new questions:

JB - What would you build on smarthome.click that has nothing to do with - http://www.smarthome.com/
ME - Not my problem.

JB - Your reply below is some of the same nonsense you posted in your own TM threads.
ME - Yes I did have a thread where I said a large company was crying TM and received many threats/letters. I was called a TM abuser by a few here, including you but guess what I still have the domain. So yes maybe I do know a bit more than you think and legal guidance to back me up.

Now can we get back to the OP's gTLD .click sale or do you want to continue derailing every positive gTLD thread?

Last edited:
•••
A fluke sale does not equate an aftermarket. Sales have been made in pretty much any extension.

•••
Now can we get back to the OP's gTLD .click sale or do you want to continue derailing every positive gTLD thread?

Sure, it shows how bad it is out there that threads get started and people get excited over 1 bid, 3 figure sales.

•••
A fluke sale does not equate an aftermarket. Sales have been made in pretty much any extension.

I don't think thats the point of the thread, the OP is just reporting a sale of a new gTLD which is a good thing for many.

Is it me or is there a lot of hate for new gTLD's from .com, older members here or just a select few?

•••
Sure, it shows how bad it is out there that threads get started and people get excited over 1 bid, 3 figure sales.

No, actually it shows how bad you're invested in .com and can't handle change IMO. If not you would not be attacking every gTLD thread within the forum. :)

•••
No, actually it shows how bad you're invested in .com and can't handle change IMO. If not you would not be attacking every gTLD thread within the forum. :)

Yes, the 3 figure sale, it's really hard on me.

•••
Yes, the 3 figure sale, it's really hard on me.

Good move on and quit degrading every gTLD thread and new member. Go phrase the new regs of the day like prophisnizusxzitrw.com etc..

•••
@mad409 - it is definitely NOT you.

It is best to ignore the ignorant and jaded few who comment out of sheer lack of any insight or industry knowledge, especially who have been flippers in Web 1.0 or 2.0 and have not adopted well to new trends.
While sitting on a stockpile of names they think is a goldmine, while the world seeks alternatives..

Notice how some who have the cutest and cuddliest icons are the meanest out there (lol), hiding behind the screen/shield that these forums provide them, they spread hate and loathe everything they disagree with even if the root cause is their own ignorance.

Best to ignore...again and again.

•••
I don't think thats the point of the thread, the OP is just reporting a sale of a new gTLD which is a good thing for many.

Is it me or is there a lot of hate for new gTLD's from .com, older members here or just a select few?
We get the point, I was only disagreeing with that statement:
There is no aftermarket for .click domains, just a scattering of random sales. This is today's reality.

It is best to ignore the ignorant and jaded few who comment out of sheer lack of any insight or industry knowledge, especially who have been flippers in Web 1.0 or 2.0 and have not adopted well to new trends.
Those people have some sort of track record in the domain industry, having been around for so long. They usually know what sells, and what will be a tough sell. On the other hand the nTLD fanbois are almost always newcomers. Ever wonder why ?

What are the new trends you are talking about ? It is too early to talk of a trend, until nTLD get some traction among end users, and get noticed by consumers. We just aren't there.

While sitting on a stockpile of names they think is a goldmine, while the world seeks alternatives..
The world already has too many alternatives to choose from.
I am not saying that nobody will register .this or .that domains. They will, if they don't mind the extension, and don't want to purchase a .com on the aftermarket. There may be a primary market (hand regs) but the secondary market will remain anecdotal unless the extension becomes mainstream enough to foster regular aftermarket sales.

If you are willing to spend money on a good domain on the aftermarket, then usually you'll want something better than a .click or .whatever, that was just released and that nobody knows about. You'll want a .com or your ccTLD, at least it has to be a solid extension that is already well-known and accepted by consumers.
See what I mean ?

•••

If we are in fact discussing fallacies, the OPs statement is a slippery slope. Just saying.

Last edited:
•••
@sdsinc just to be clear I have been investing in domains, developing (startups and eBusiness/eCommerce) as well as mentoring/investing in new ventures since early 90s..so no new fanboy this...you may want to read my raw views @ http://dotdotblog.com/companies-migrate-dot-coms-ntlds/

I can handle any kind of feedback post your perusal, this is a passionate debate, a professional one and I am all for it...Yes early trends, however the adoption bell curve applies here albeit a little differently..

•••
@sdsinc just to be clear I have been investing in domains, developing (startups and eBusiness/eCommerce) as well as mentoring/investing in new ventures since early 90s..so no new fanboy this...you may want to read my raw views @ http://dotdotblog.com/companies-migrate-dot-coms-ntlds/

I can handle any kind of feedback post your perusal, this is a passionate debate, a professional one and I am all for it...Yes early trends, however the adoption bell curve applies here albeit a little differently..

First, I would go easy with the link drops, it's like 3 or 4 in the last few days.

There is nothing jaded about my post. It's just pointing out reality. When I saw this thread, I thought it would be some big sale. Again, 1 bid, $750, possible trademark owner purchase. This is the one you want to use to show there is a strong aftermarket? It's ridiculous. It also shows you have the bar set very low for an extension you're investing in if a 3 figure sale is all it takes. Back in the .mobi days, there were many 6 figure sales at the beginning. Think about that for a second in comparison.

Now to your blog post.

You called the expansion "the greatest scam ever to fill the pockets of few like the registrars/registry and the governing organization"

That doesn't exactly sound like a lot of support for these new extensions.

You use the coffee.club ranking saying just because of the exact match, that's why it's ranking. Didn't touch any other factors in your post. Then you went from that saying, you can do the same with medical.book. Leave out that you need a quality site, that coffee.club probably has some nice links coming in from the main site, built in audience from already existing members etc. You stuck on that 1 factor, exact match.

Then you make note it might be a good idea to launch these, WITH a .com or cctld. That's telling me you don't have much confidence of them on their own, just in conjunction with a real extension/site.

So we actually agree on some things, we don't really hold these in high regard.

•••
Why all the bad blood? I am new and you are welcome to shun me but anytime anyone here makes a few dollars that is a good thing right? Maybe I am missing something which would not be anything new.

•••
•••
I just giggle at you guys. :lookaround:

In the end... a sale is a sale. Who ever regged those names obviously made some capital in a very short window. That is a plus across the board for anyone.

Who really cares what the end extension is? A sale is a sale is a sale. The person speculated and got a pay day off of it. How old is the extension?? A few weeks (since GA?) and the person is getting paid.
Domainers all around should be happy for the person. Another sale for the domain industry as a whole and a glimmer of hope for speculators of nTLDs.

•••
I just giggle at you guys. :lookaround:

In the end... a sale is a sale. Who ever regged those names obviously made some capital in a very short window. That is a plus across the board for anyone.

Who really cares what the end extension is? A sale is a sale is a sale. The person speculated and got a pay day off of it. How old is the extension?? A few weeks (since GA?) and the person is getting paid.
Domainers all around should be happy for the person. Another sale for the domain industry as a whole and a glimmer of hope for speculators of nTLDs.

It's not about discrediting a sale. It's about saying .click is successfully simply because one person had an $xxx sale. It's utterly ridiculous.

•••
It's not about discrediting a sale. It's about saying .click is successfully simply because one person had an $xxx sale. It's utterly ridiculous.

However you have to concede that in this one and singular instance... .click was successful. Does it mean the entire extension is a success... NO! Not even close. The extension has a LOT to prove and it has a thousand other extensions that its up against. Only time is the ultimate filter.
Those that survive will rise to the top and the rest will be washed away along with the battering of time.

Insinuating that the extension is a success from one (or was it two?) sale... yes it is ridiculous.
We just need to take a second and remind ourselves that it was a sale and someone made some $$$ off of it. Bravo Zulu to them and may all of us have many more to come (regardless of extension(s)

•••
game.click now @Sedo auction with 2 bids usd210

•••
Gobs, another #flop extension bro :P

•••
All indications are single keyword nTLD will be snapped up, even in illogical strings with ROTD. There are several unreported private sales of CLICK too, this thread was started by me to indicate SEDO auctions of CLICK had begun..

This is still early and yet a big positive...those who missed this boat will only post regret messages.

Our domain Hollywood.CLICK is getting daily inquiries and daily type-in traffic is in triple digits.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back