IT.COM

information “People still like .com’s,” says Google’s John Mueller

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Mueller is known in SEO circles as the “new Matt Cutts”. Matt Cutts used to be the head of Google’s Webspam team and would make videos answering questions from people about Google’s thoughts and practices regarding ranking websites. The videos were highly useful and would be something that many marketers and professional search engine optimizers would write about, comment on, and debate.
Mueller also leaves comments on Reddit once once in awhile. Extremely useful insight since it is coming directly from someone at Google with real authority. Compared to your cousin who thinks he knows about SEO. Of course… I recommend you take what Google says with a bit of a grain of salt. They’ve lead me astray more than once with “advice.”
So John Mueller, the current Google SEO community outreach authority, admits people still like .com domains and likely will continue to use them. What do you think about Google saying “People still like .com’s?”..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Show attachment 61867

I disagree with that....

In Canada I am far more likely to click on a .ca because it means I am dealing with a Canadian company. The US is at a distinct disadvantage over other countries because the .US ccTLD has not taken off yet. Clicking on a .com means you could be dealing with anyone and the potential client now has to figure out if they are dealing with a US company or a company from another country.

I think ccTLD's are the best out there and I sell a lot of .ca's to Canadian clients.

Same goes for .uk or .de.... I bet the click through rate is greater in those countries too as opposed to .com's.

No arguing that .com is king but seriously when I shop or look things up I go to google.ca and look for addresses ending in .ca. It is the quickest way to find local results.

I mean compared to .net etc and the new extensions.

.ca .co.uk etc obviously have great authority within their specific countries.

•••
•••
Back