domains Pens.co and Fractal.co two domain names going in opposite directions

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Pens.co was a domain name that sold back at the launch of the .co domain name extension. It sold for $8,200 in the landrush auctions. Pens.co dropped and went for just $630 at Sav.com. On the flipside Fractal.co was caught on the drop and closed at $8,050 at Sav.com. The old site had the following […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems that the pen is not mightier than the sword (drop).

•••
well they dont call them land rush for nothing

fractal ia good

pens will be museum pieces soon enuf

•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm confused. Don't .co go back to the reqistry when they drop? Or is that not a thing anymore? Or do SAV have a deal with the registry?

•••
I'm confused. Don't .co go back to the reqistry when they drop? Or is that not a thing anymore? Or do SAV have a deal with the registry?

they got no deals ... they got scripts.. to catch

scripts are like gold to them... tons of work ..competition.... he who has best fastest scripts wins the catch lottery...they pound co servers 50 billion times a second with their cheap scripts .. and little guys like u and me got no chance... then they make like 100k month profit out of it...is the number I read for park.io

meanwhile a place like sav clearly prefers to profit from auctions too while their interface is the most lacking in the entire industry.

Last edited:
•••

scripts are like gold to them... tons of work ..competition.... he who has best fastest scripts wins the catch lottery...they pound co servers 50 billion times a second with their cheap scripts .. and little guys like u and me got no chance... then they make like 100k month profit out of it...is the number I read for park.io

meanwhile a place like sav clearly prefers to profit from auctions too while their interface is the most lacking in the entire industry.
But I thought they couldn't be caught? I remember some being auctioned at GD and the registry just took them away from the auction winners as they shouldn't have been caught in the first place but the drop catchers hadn't updated their scripts so they still appeared in auctions etc. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Last edited:
•••

.co go back to registry free for everyone else to register again. Isn't that how all drop catching works? And then it is a matter of first come first serve.

And that is also why when you backorder .co on SAV, the backorder price varies, meaning, if you backordered Fractal.co, it would already have cost $99.99 or 999 for some other Registry premium.

It is only with Godaddy who auctions off domains before they officially drops or gets deleted, and thus you retain the renewal price.

Similarly though, SAV also has exclusive expires and those names only SAV will "catch".

Fractal.co already forwarding to the new owners site: https://www.tryfractal.com

No wonder it went for 8K.
I wouldn't have bidded up if I knew it was an end use lol'
I was also bidding real high, constantly checking the credit limit on my Card that is attacted to SAV lol, but there still were two more bidders at the end.
Also this was a second auction, It went for a little over 5K last time and winner didn't pay so it restarted.

•••
It seems that the pen is not mightier than the sword (drop).
Pen is still mightier than the sword, but not "Pens"

•••
.co go back to registry free for everyone else to register again. Isn't that how all drop catching works? And then it is a matter of first come first serve.

And that is also why when you backorder .co on SAV, the backorder price varies, meaning, if you backordered Fractal.co, it would already have cost $99.99 or 999 for some other Registry premium.

It is only with Godaddy who auctions off domains before they officially drops or gets deleted, and thus you retain the renewal price.

Similarly though, SAV also has exclusive expires and those names only SAV will "catch".

I was also bidding real high, constantly checking the credit limit on my Card that is attacted to SAV lol, but there still were two more bidders at the end.
Also this was a second auction, It went for a little over 5K last time and winner didn't pay so it restarted.

there are others who auction expired names..like dynadot etc...not just gd

•••
there are others who auction expired names..like dynadot etc...not just gd
Yeah of course, I didn't mean to say "Only GDD" in that sense. I mean the comparison of GDD expires vs pure DropCatch.
That is why I added SAV also has exclusive expires.

•••

OK that makes sense now thanks. So the registry premium is just added to the auction price. Thanks.

•••
OK that makes sense now thanks. So the registry premium is just added to the auction price. Thanks.
Auction starts at the registry premium in most cases. For the exclusive expires (or for some reason that i am not aware of), some start at normal price, even LLL.co even though all LLL.co have reg premium once they fall into the hands of the registrar.

•••
CO domain name is not popular in China

•••

What you described is the new bitcoin mining, the domaining version of it.

Now that bitcoin mining is dead for nearly everyone.

•••
OK that makes sense now thanks. So the registry premium is just added to the auction price.

Exactly, and this happens the same way at Dynadot, etc. - the auction start price is based on the premium registration price.

•••
I have pens.wiki domain name Just remembered that name when i saw this post.

•••
The more I think about it, I think pens was great... I was too glued to the fractal auction and totally missed it..

Last edited:
•••
Back