- Impact
- 683
If a name expired on the 1st of the month at networksolution.com, when will it be availible to the public? Is it 30 days? What time of the day?
And thanks for this tip! Now I know it'll be near the end of June before it's released!gazzip said:If you type the name into snapnames search box it will tell you when it is going to dropuse the advanced search.
And what is that?!Dave Zan said:Then redemption period follows.
Judging from this picture, after the domain has been dropped, I have to wait 5 days before my current registrar will show that it is available.Dave Zan said:
Matthew Doucette said:The domain I am after is hosted at "PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM" and is registered by "Pending Renewal or Deletion" and has "REGISTRAR-LOCK" registrar status... and it's been 7 days today since the expiry date... so could it be free any moment?
But, are not both of those pieces of information (the part telling me it is available, and the part telling it is not available) from the whois (which is not real-time)? This is what I do not understand. They are both showing up in the results of this whois page:http://whois.domaintools.com/. It is the "other tlds" part that shows the domain I want as being registered. The main whois part shows that it is available. When I go to my registrars (I use two) they do not allow me to register it because it is taken.damitssam said:No that means the domain is taken and whois (thats not real time) hasnt been updated.
Thanks. I realized that before I placed the backorder. (If I was going to place the backorder at all, I should have done it before.) I thought grabbing the domain after it was dropped would be a lot easier than this. Now that I am trying, it is too much of a pain to keep guessing and trying to grab it when it actually becomes available. If I had known about this difficulty, I would have surely placed the backorder beforehand. But, thanks for clarifying this for me.Dave Zan said:Aargh, you actually should've posted that backorder with snapnames before
the domain went into redemption period. I posted previously that netsol has a
35-day grace period for expired names.
Now that netsol has dropped the name in question, all you can do is hope and
wait for snapnames to try to grab it before anyone else does. Signing up with
other backorder services can possibly boost your chances.
