Dynadot

Pearson to develop english.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Revvd

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
English.com is a great brand on it's own, and Pearson is a serious company. Perfect combination.

think there are a few english. domains available still

What do you mean with "think there are a few english. domains available still"?
I guess there are also Spanish, and Italian domains still available too. But you'll need to reg them with terms slapped before and after the word "English"/"Spanish"/"Italian".

Last edited:
•••
What do you mean with "think there are a few english. domains available still"?

I would imagine if english.com becomes a huge success, it would raise the value of domains such as english.net etc..

•••
Surprised it hasn't already been developed... Nice name for them.

•••
Pearson has been in financial trouble for some time now - wonder whether this will be a serious effort to develop it or a stock price move to give the company some good publicity.

•••
"And yet until today, there has never been a globally recognised standard in English - no single way of recognising and quantifying the level of an individual’s English. "

sp* recognised is spelled recognized in the US.

I don't think i want them telling me how I need to speak or write English. Language is flexible, new words are created every day. Even in the U.S. different dialects and regionalisms mean different things.

If I ordered a cheese steak in the Northeastern corridor of the US I would get ground meat on a roll with cheese on it. If I ordered the same thing in Texas, I would get a single piece of steak with cheese on it.

Personally I think it's a fantastic idea, however, most people that are in the US that cannot speak english can barely afford to eat let alone be online and participate in an english learning program online. I think the same goes worldwide. Please tell me otherwise if I am vastly wrong.

Unless they charged a high license fee and relied on educational institutions/programs to use their product to instruct classes, you just created a product that alienates just about every person in a 1st world country.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back