Domain Empire

Peapod.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has anyone utilized the service of peapod.com or a similar site?
I'm thinking of starting a similar business in the Tampa Bay area and would like customer feedback.

Thanks,
William

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Peapod is available in only 3 major markets right now.

Home delivery via the internet is one the most under developed opportunites right now. If I had the bucks I'd know exactly how I'd invest it.

•••
great idea but very hard to implement but it would turn you a nice profit especially in florida with the elderly community there.

•••
There were a LOT of these during the dot-com hype years, Peapod, NetGrocer, WebVan, etc. etc. (even Kozmo.com), and most have died out or like Peapod, gotten purchased (after hobbling near bankruptcy many times) by a larger retailer.

There is a lot of potential to this, but the biggest problem of which is logistics. Do you set-up your own warehouse? Do you partner and shop via another store (from which you have to put your margins on top of it), how do you deal with orders when customers aren't at home when your delivery person arrives, etc. etc.

•••
You need to pour in a lot of cash and time to make such a thing work...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back