Dynadot

news PayPal shuts down services in Russia

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blockhead

TruckerTop Member
Impact
March 5 (Reuters) - Payments company PayPal shut down its services early on Saturday in Russia, citing "the current circumstances," joining many financial and tech companies in suspending operations there after the invasion of Ukraine.

"Under the current circumstances, we are suspending PayPal services in Russia," President and Chief Executive Dan Schulman said in a statement. He added that the company "stands with the international community in condemning Russia's violent military aggression in Ukraine."

A company spokesperson said PayPal will support withdrawals "for a period of time, ensuring that account balances are dispersed in line with applicable laws and regulations.”

PayPal, which had only allowed cross-border transactions by users in Russia, stopped accepting new users in the country on Wednesday.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/business/pa...-russia-citing-ukraine-aggression-2022-03-05/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is crazy man, it really is. But this the world we live in.. Weaker nations don't have as much power. Would America ever allow Mexico to become nuclear?
I never agreed that one country, who already has a weapon, to have the same weapon. Also, I don't think the will ever start a nuclear war, neither Russia or US, because not everybody is crazy. I don't think that Putin decides completely by itself, there are other generals waiting to take his place.

•••
I would advise against getting into such details, what you say could be completely false. Everybody does NOT know they will not do it..

Let's not talk nuclear details like that. We don't know..
I'm just saying that all nuclear countries will loose almost everything, equatorial countries will be the safest, so the probability is very very small. Try to imagine russian generals giving the orders and a few other tens of russian soldiers following it, knowing that they will die if the are doing it.

Last edited:
•••
They have also said that they don't agree with him, in UN assembly, but they want to protect their relations, it's not about fair or not.
Yes & no, actually China said it understood Russia's concerns on NATO expansion. but talk is cheap. Are they applying any pressure to persuade him to stop? I know that China requested to postpone the invasion till after the winter Olympics. Which is ridiculous. But I don't know of any other attempts.

Last edited:
•••
Just to be clear, it wasn't a Chinese diplomat I was listening to (NOT a Chinese official), but the head of a Chinese political center, probably non governmental.

•••
If, as suspected, Putin has already lost the plot then going nuclear is not such an unlikely step for him. He has already lost enormous face and credibility due to the unexpected resistance of the Ukrainians and his armies failure to date. I believe the Russians also favour a "first strike" scenario.

Scary times, good luck Ukraine, good luck world.

<iframe width="1082" height="480" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Doesn't matter, because there is no magical button, do deploy 2000 warheads at once, in 27 military bases across Russia, probably at least a few hundreds peoples involved( generals, military base commands and some soldiers), so every one of them must be crazy, knowing they and their family will die because of this. It's like talking about an asteroid will wipe off the earth. It's possible, but very, very unprobable. It's more probable for Russia to give up in Ukraine, somebody to make Putin disappear, US to let Ukraine go, for Russia to fill for bankruptcy.

•••
Yep, pre-sanction GDP of 1.6T. That is clearly going to collapse.

For reference purposes -

US - 22.9T
China - 16.8T
Germany - 5.1T
Japan - 4.2T
Even China, India and smaller countries would be cornered to choose more trades with the west or more with Russia, lot's of trade agreements will be pushed forward. The smart player here is China, who is waiting to blackmail the west for better trade agreements and to drop Russia.

•••
I think Netflix just "terminated services".

•••
Visa, Mastercard
I think in some other smaller nations, that alone would cause some kind of collapse.

It's crazy how complicated this is getting..

•••
Now it's a probability of 50%-50% that crazy putin to use nukes 😉🙈🤦
Why? Because is simple ..he can

•••
putin pushing 70years old.. he is megalomenic psycho stuck in.past Soviet glories.. he knows.he has little time left.. men like this should never have nuke access.

even.if he uses small nuke on ukraine to.scare.them..like on Japan.. that's still long way from all out world nuke war..but of.course it.would be serious development

the problem is..he may.not have choice to.do this.. just as USA did.to.japan

•••
Now it's a probability of 50%-50% that crazy putin to use nukes 😉🙈🤦
Why? Because is simple ..he can
So let me explain dear fellows how we stay
In 6 month prices of gas , oil , food etc..will sky rocket
The war was premeditated & people around the globe was prepared for this 2 month before actual invasion by international media because otherwise will be global panic
All sides know the situation & "agree" with this
From a possible scenario:
"Putin: Hi papa Biden! Why not tell me & not asking me that Ukraine want to join on NATO?!
Biden: Papa Putin! Ukraine its a free country they can do what ever want to do
Putin: Understand but need to ask my permision so since not ask my permision i will invade Ukraine
Biden: Ok papa Putin! If you win you can take Ukraine or a part of. But if Ukraine win we take us & join to NATO & EU
Deal?
Putin: Deal & lets the war begin & best to win . Dasvidaniya!
Biden: Good bless America!"
😉

PS The best scenario at this point ( meaning actual situation ) is actually WW3 in term of implication: economy , human life's , restart humanity etc...to remove Putin from button's but this is my point of view ( bad or good )
PS 2: Only in Greece operators down prices even with 1000$ for 6 nights ( can book at 500 USD ) , on a auto classifieds ( in my country ) in just 20 days numbers of cars for sale increase with aprox 4000 and show will go on

Last edited:
•••
•••
Russia is getting pushed to a corner.
this is impossible because Russia has nuclear power that's why USA and NATO not helping Ukraine.

Last edited:
•••
Visa and Mastercard too.

So biden once again lied when he said that sanctions will not be against ordinary people...

•••
It doesn't make sense to you because your information is wrong. Russia is trying to destroy Ukraine, not help them....
Russia trying to help.

•••
Russia is saving the world, not just Ukraine. The current president Trump's country (US) approves this action, and obviously this is done in coordination with good powers of US. And probably Europe was mostly cleaned from DS, and they have no power because European armies are on Russia/humanity side as well. Even the media might be controlled by good guys now, to show the unawake people how bad that media really was, because everyone will learn the truth soon.
Most people here who totally disagrees with what I say above probably thinks (or pretends) Trump is bad, Hillary is good. Ok, then maybe you can start from here.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/qa3PSVFyfscC/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back