NameSilo

PayPal question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've done lots of buying through Paypal and I pay no fees. What if I sell (ie. receive money) - how much does paypal take off my earnings?

Thanks
Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can recieve funds in your personal account for free, while to recieve funds in Premier/Business Account, Paypal deducts 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD from the amount.

•••
but you can't recieve credit card payments, if you use a personal account.

•••
Its worth the fees in my opinion. If you are looking to make constant sales and collect credit cards then maybe look into 2checkout.com or a similiar service.

•••
So if the buyer wants to pay me $1000 (an offer I'm sitting on now) - would you recommend me upgrading to a business account? Otherwise, how do I get the cash?

•••
Yes, upgrade your account. It is worth the small fee paypal takes.

•••
mattchapman said:
So if the buyer wants to pay me $1000 (an offer I'm sitting on now) - would you recommend me upgrading to a business account? Otherwise, how do I get the cash?
You're gonna have to upgrade no matter what. The monthly recieving limit is $500 a month for a Personal Account. So unless he splits the payment up for two monthly payments...

Also, I doubt he has that kind of money in his PayPal account right now. Chances are he's paying with a credit card through PayPal, which means you need to upgrade.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back