NameSilo

Paypal or Escrow for outbound sales?

Located in Reviews started by Rory Ivey, Feb 2, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Member VIP

I've just started doing some outbound marketing and got a few responses. If someone offers, lets say $500...do you use paypal or still use Escrow.

Is there anyway to make the transaction fast, smooth and safe...

Also should you accept the first offer, if you need the money?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. wizard

wizard Domain Wizard VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I would avoid PayPal as they could try and reverse the payment after they have the domain...

I normally do direct payment if you are trusted well and know in the industry it works well.. but if your not best stick with escrow

3. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Top Member VIP

Yes, Escrow, If the buyer doesn't want to pay up-front. Only consider trust when the purchaser has a reputation to lose.

As for selling on first offer. I've done it many a time in my 20 years in domains, Particularly if they have offered to send the funds direct and in advance and I consider it a reasonable offer. I can honestly say I've very rarely lost a sale but, likewise I don't try to over capitalize on what I consider a fair market value

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: