NameSilo

Payment options

Spaceship
Watch

VENDIBLE DOMAINS

Account Closed
Impact
I just got interested in this and I was wondering which payment options do most people do on this site. Do people have websites with paypal attached, do people write checks? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Almost all small transactions are done with PayPal, it is often assumed and not even mentioned as being so.

For large payments, many people use https://www.escrow.com/index.asp whereby they, the middle men, take payment and the domain and when they have both, then swap them over - seller gets money, buyer gets domain. Its a much safer bet with large monies.

•••
When signing up for paypal, what type should you sign up for to be able to send and recieve payments? Personal, Premier, or Business? Also, I assume paypal take a %age of transactions? How does transferring money from your paypal account to and from your bank account work?

Regards,

- Robin

•••
i think i just have a personal account and that works for me

•••
Ok- but are you charged for transferring money to and from your bank account?

•••
•••
There is a limit for withdrawing money to your bank account, depending on your country.
For the UK it's £0.25 if you withdraw less than £50. Over £50 is free.

If you want to accept credit cards you need a Premier or Business account.
They then charge you fees for every transaction (including non-credit card payments)

Multiple currency payments have 2.5% deducted from them during the transaction for currency exchange fees. You'll never see how much though.

The UK Premier and Business account fees are between 1.4% + £0.20 GBP and 3.4% + £0.20 GBP. Depending on how much money you receive. If you receive less than £1500 a month it'll be the highest fee - 3.4% of the transaction value + £0.20 GBP

Go to paypal.com to find the fees for your country or for more info

•••
mostly i've seen here are paypal, np$, some egold, and still some credit card.

•••
moneybookers.com is my choice. And i am really satisfied with them. And their fees are low.

I have mentioned them at this forum a few times already. No, i dont have any interest from them for marketing them, i just want that more people here use their services because Paypal is not supported in my country, so that i can receive money for my sales over them:) And i could recomend monewybookers.com to all, just check them please and find out by yourself

•••
in my country we don't have paypal here as well, but I have paid for a 3rd party merchant account that accepts paypal on my behalf so im able to bill via paypal as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back