Dynadot

Paying for 10K visitors? WHY?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is the purpose of having to pay for 10K clicks to your site? Is it to give a false report so you can inflate your web for sale? Is it to gain popularity for Google and such? I also see some for free if you "surf" to gain points.
Why would you need this type of service?

Regards,
RickyG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Popularity, better rankings, and of course more value (because a lot of people want high trafficked domains to make good money)

•••
I figured it was to get a higher resale for dsomain..but you mention high ramnkings?
Does it effect google and such?

•••
How about to >>>SELL<<< something?

"Paid" traffic is easy to spot in a decent stats program.
So, no incremental value is added to the value of the domain/website.

•••
but people can still use them to get the crap stats up

•••
I use targeted traffic to sell stuff!

I use it to sell products. Even if 1 out 100000 buys a product that I sell for 100 dollars I make money. So why not buy a million targeted visitors a month and make a few thousand dollars in the process.

If you looking to just boost your stat traffic try fakezilla or i-faker and for some stupid reason it boosts your google traffic don't ask me why. although i don't recommend this !!!

•••
davikrug said:
I use it to sell products. Even if 1 out 100000 buys a product that I sell for 100 dollars I make money. So why not buy a million targeted visitors a month and make a few thousand dollars in the process.

Do they really send real traffic? Or they just machine generated traffic so you will not sell anything?

•••
maxweb said:
"Paid" traffic is easy to spot
how? can you provide us some ideas... this could be very helpful :)

•••
One way to find "paid" traffic is to look at the stats for each day. Say a sites getting 100 hits a day then for 3 days it jumps to 5,000 a day then goes back down to 100 a day. This should tell you they paid for traffic or did something to inflate the monthly hits.
I know a few PPC Search sites that watch their members stats and if traffic shows up like that the member doesnt get paid because its NOT normal.

•••
I'm not an expert on this, but often you will see "trafficserver" or "servetraffic"
or some other "odd" referrer PLUS what ZURAX said.

Bottomline for me, if I am going to spend any amount of money at all on a "traffic"
domain, I want to park it on my own hosting for a few days at least to check it out.

•••
shilmy said:
davikrug said:

Do they really send real traffic? Or they just machine generated traffic so you will not sell anything?
Some are scam, and some claim to advertise through pop-up under windows on other websites. They never do tell you where you get the referrers from but you can try putting a stats counter up on your website and checking the referrer log.

•••
Haha, why do you even want to get traffic for youre page?
I meen like all others we just make websites for ourself, noone else shall not see them.

Reason to buy traffic also to get traffic: get youre message out, sell youre products, more money from advertisers, show you page for alot of new people.....

Fake traffic like robots going in to the site from diffrent ips and clicking around isnt good for anyone, and I dont think that any serius traffic brooker deal with that stuff.

•••
Greetings!

Assuming that the 10,000 traffic you are referring to are actual valid traffic and not machine generated, I should say that having to pay such traffic is indeed worth it. First, it will improve your branding. People will tend to recall it. Second, with such number of traffic, I don't think you won't get any sale. I am assuming that your landing page is well-written benefit power sales copy. Third, I am not sure if it does increase ranking, but I think it somehow does.

Now, having mention such thing, could anyone here tell me if he/she has an experience getting such valid traffic from any service? Would you care to share your experience?

Thank you very much.

Oh by the way, some do this to really increase their stats so that the perceived value of their domain name is artificially boosted.

:)

•••
If you had a forum, it would be to gain members.

Yes I agree, it is definatly worth it.

•••
agree it's well worth it, even popunder traffic as long as you have something people want.

•••
I mainly get traffic to my sites, using free programs. Some work, some don't. Just have to find the good ones.

Also, it's a good idea to trade links with other sites of the same PR. (They will usually do it for free, if their content is related to yours).

•••
All false visitors are scripts. There are no REAL visitors. Any sites claiming that they are are scams... Avoid D-:

•••
SteveH...what "free" programs have you found that work?

RickyG

•••
hi all, one of my sites is averaging 3000 hits a day with about 60Mb /day downloaded with around 60+ unique visitors per day, is this ok for the first month with no real advertising?
Its a 3g phone content site, although it has been designed to be viewed on mobile phones only around 10% of our hits come from mobiles the rest is just from normal pcs, is that ok hit for a new site???

•••
deano123 said:
hi all, one of my sites is averaging 3000 hits a day with about 60Mb /day downloaded with around 60+ unique visitors per day, is this ok for the first month with no real advertising?
Its a 3g phone content site, although it has been designed to be viewed on mobile phones only around 10% of our hits come from mobiles the rest is just from normal pcs, is that ok hit for a new site???

you can check from your cpanel/please weblizer or awstats etc where the traffic is coming from
post a screen shot for us to analyse!

•••
Castlemelody said:
Greetings!
Now, having mention such thing, could anyone here tell me if he/she has an experience getting such valid traffic from any service? Would you care to share your experience?

Traffixtaxi.net is a great example of one of these 10000 hits sites.... These are valid real people that see your site, but they see it through a popunder.... So you really get the hits, but your advertised to un-wanted viewers. I've tested it on one of my parked domains and it worked so i know they're valid. I don't recommend them for advertising though, because your not gonna get anybody interested by pissing them off with a popunder.

•••
HI Redhippo / All
Here are some webstats, our site really only was launched on the 14th of Nov. Here are some stats screenshots. I have cut the name of the domain out just for commercial reasons at the moment.

•••
Any programs that work and don't piss people off?

I have bought traffic a few times and it never seems to make a difference for my sales. Does anyone know of any legit traffic providers?

•••
111media said:
I have bought traffic a few times and it never seems to make a difference for my sales. Does anyone know of any legit traffic providers?
Hello, we are a legitimate traffic provider with many categories that you can use to target to your site. pm me if you need anything or visit our web site and read the FAQ page along with our services page.

•••
Yeah, most traffic is fake. For instance if a place is saying like $3 for 10,000 visitors it's fake. You can most likly tell from the prices if it's fake or not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back