IT.COM

Partners Needed for Million Dollar Homepage Link

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you haven't read about the Million Dollar Homepage ( http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ ) yet, please go to these threads:

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171&highlight=million+dollar

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122876&highlight=million+dollar

As many of you know, I recently collected NP$ and was able to purchase a link for NP on this wonderful site.

I would now like to get one for myself, but if you visit the site, you will see that with more and more people buying pixels, eventually a single square will most likely receive very little clicks (relatively).

So I wanted to see how many people were thinking of buying a link on this site, to see if we could possibly go in on it together, buy a HUGE picture that will be sure to get clicks (like the IP chicken one, and the FREEFREEFREE link), while each person will still just be buying an individual square with their link.

Please post here or PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Jorge

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't really understand how this will work. Would we make one big image which links to a page containing links to all the donators site's or what?

•••
one link that would rotate between all owners

•••
diddie said:
one link that would rotate between all owners
Is that correct, or was that a guess?

If you can get enough people together, (ie. 10 or more) then i'll donate $100.

•••
how big will the square be?like will it jsut be one 10x10 or a 40x40 etc.?

•••
What I wanted to do was have a big square or shape made up of all of our submissions. So that none of the money got lost in fees, we would assign which space each person had to buy and the part of the image they had to buy. Their square (or squares if desired) would link to their website, so that one person didn't own the url of the link.

While it would be nice to have just one link that rotated everyone's link, I don't think we'd be able to agree to let one person have this power.

I don't necessarily need a dead set agreement right now, I just need to know how many people are interested, that way I can organize something and put some graphics/more ideas together.

Let me know what you think about this.

Thanks,
Jorge

•••
azt said:
What I wanted to do was have a big square or shape made up of all of our submissions. So that none of the money got lost in fees, we would assign which space each person had to buy and the part of the image they had to buy. Their square (or squares if desired) would link to their website, so that one person didn't own the url of the link.

While it would be nice to have just one link that rotated everyone's link, I don't think we'd be able to agree to let one person have this power.

I don't necessarily need a dead set agreement right now, I just need to know how many people are interested, that way I can organize something and put some graphics/more ideas together.

Thanks,
Jorge
OK, yeah.. i am in.

•••
Count me in. Need to see through the sale of a few things to get the funds first but yes.

I'm thinking just having a pretty looking alphabet would be the best idea. A in one square, B in the next etc, I feel people would then be tempted to click all the letters. Or perhaps a rainbow style thing with just a different colour for each square.

•••
JRayers said:
I'm thinking just having a pretty looking alphabet would be the best idea. A in one square, B in the next etc, I feel people would then be tempted to click all the letters.

Thats a great idea! You could choose your own letter. :)

•••
It's inevitable that everyone will want A though! I kinda like colours idea. People will click their favourite colour so everybody will get a turn.

•••
I LOVE the Alphabet idea. Will probably end up using this if we could get that many people.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reserve the letter "A" for myself. :)

Any one else thinking about joining in on the fun?

•••
I would be interested in the idea.

•••
the problem is if we have for exemple 9 squares , the central square wil receive naturally more clicks, people tend to click close from the middle
but Azt you're right about one person having this link rotation power ..

•••
Ok, maybe not even having them all in a row, have them spread out across the board, but if we got every single letter, people might try ans find every one. Kind of like a where's waldo :)

•••
•••
why not do the same thing, but still have a rotation, so you have A B C D

A- gets 5 clicks
B- 50
C- 45
D- 100

User 1-50
2-50
3-50
4--50

Not to difficult

•••
I'm in how much needs to be invested. Pm me.

•••
What's happening with this?

•••
I'll give $100 if we get 26 people paying and create an alphabet with each letter linking to a different site. We can then chose our letters. I'd like 'V' please.

The block would then look the same size as the 'pzizz' white box on the middle/right of the homepage.

Great idea to get some traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!

•••
Ok, so far we have 6 people by my count (including me) who are interested. That means 6 letters out of 26. If we can't get 26 people, we might have to "settle" for a big graphic. Once again, the problem would be the center of the graphic would most likely be the part that gets clicked the most, so it wouldn't be fair to the other people. Hmm..maybe we can make like a checker board or something that is uniform all the way around to minimize this.

I was thinking, if we can only get 12 people to do this, Having a letter for each month would be neat.

J F M A M J J A S O N D

or if only 10

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I really wanted to make a button like the "DOWNLOAD MOVIES" one, that realy sticks out.

Ok, so I've thrown out a million ideas there, but I think the favorite is still the alphabet one, so anyone else that's INTERESTED, post here. If we get enough people, we'll do it.

jon said:
azt said:

Thanks,
Jorge
OK, yeah.. i am in.
JRayers said:
Count me in. Need to see through the sale of a few things to get the funds first but yes.

I'm thinking just having a pretty looking alphabet would be the best idea. A in one square, B in the next etc, I feel people would then be tempted to click all the letters. Or perhaps a rainbow style thing with just a different colour for each square.
martialtiger said:
I would be interested in the idea.
Joseph said:
I'm in how much needs to be invested. Pm me.
cjcjcj said:
I'll give $100 if we get 26 people paying and create an alphabet with each letter linking to a different site. We can then chose our letters. I'd like 'V' please.

The block would then look the same size as the 'pzizz' white box on the middle/right of the homepage.

Great idea to get some traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!

•••
microdude431 said:
Better hurry up and get your spots before they are taken. ;)

lol, thanks for the heads up. I think we'll be fine. If not, we'll just wait for the next milliondollarhomepage (I'm sure he'll release another one)

-Jorge

•••
How did this page get so popular so fast???

•••
I wish I would have been around when you started this. Great page in 2018.

•••
Back