Dynadot

strategy Part 5 - How To Get New Customers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
Many readers are aware that I recently launched a new business and that I was having trouble enticing customers to the service. It just so happens the business is a new bird bath outside my study window and the customers are birds (the flying ones).

Although there’s been a lot of funny anecdotes there has also been a serious thread of discussion about how to attract customers to a new business. Every new business has a vision of their ideal customer and a “full proof” plan on how to attract them. The problem is that years of experience has proved plans look great on paper and reality is something else entirely.

For example, I had a great vision of birds flocking to my wonderful bird bath and I would enjoy them singing away outside as they happily splashed away. My reality was a bird bath that was entirely ignored.

The one thing that a start-up has to their advantage is their ability to quickly change direction. If the plan isn’t working, then change the plan. Don’t burn more cash…..move!

In my case, I tried to entice the birds with bread. They loved the bread on the ground and completely ignored the bird bath. I then moved the bird bath. That still didn’t work so I moved it again. I constantly tweaked my “business” with the end goal of attracting my customers (ie. birds).
http://whizzbangsblog.com/article-archive/how-to-get-new-customers
Read More >

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not quite sure
are you talking about real birds ?
or female customers?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back