Dynadot

strategy Part 4 - Portfolio Optimisation - Products and Services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
In this series of articles, we are looking at how to optimise your domain portfolio across the different business models of sales (big and small), traffic and development. The first model I have been unpacking is development, not the technical aspects but the business aspects of domain development.

We’ve explored why people return to websites and how to earn money from advertisers. In this article I will be discussing how to build an online business selling services and products.

The first thing we need to separate out is the different between building a business and conducting a transaction. Building a business is all about repeatable revenue that ideally grows over time while transactions are the big deal you hope to get one day.

My wife has a great saying, “Like clockwork.” What she means by this is that she would much rather have twenty dollars each month coming in from a customer than the big deal that may happen one day.

Read more >

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice article. Thanks. So from a domain owner perspective, are domainers who are holding a large portfolio of domains that are parked (and not earning any money) hoping one day will make a significant sale, are doing it all wrong?

•••
Nice article. Thanks. So from a domain owner perspective, are domainers who are holding a large portfolio of domains that are parked (and not earning any money) hoping one day will make a significant sale, are doing it all wrong?
Not necessarily.
What I'm recommending is that domain owners develop one domain into a profitable business and then repeat. Development is one part of domain portfolio optimisation.....the other parts will be discussed in future articles :)

•••
develop one domain into a profitable business and then repeat.

This.
Too many domainers seem compelled to "develop" everything, make a half a**ed attempt, and wind up with nothing to show for it.

•••
developing websites and domaing are 2 different business models
one guy loves to build webpages the other guy loves to build a domain portfolio

there is no need to develop pages
if you are a domainer

but it looks like some domainers feel bad if they don't build websites
-forget it-

and there are people targeting $20 / month
those are most likely no entrepreneurs
but change time for money

both is fine

but those are different people

find who you are
and stick with it until you succeed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back