Domain Empire

Parking sub-domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I saw a thread on this forum in April... but no resolution.

ND won't let me park a sub-domain.

Anywhere else that will?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I havent seen any of the parking services that I've looked at allow subdomains.

•••
uber said:

Anywhere else that will?

You can at sedo - .web.coms anyway - which extension do you need to park ?

•••
it is a XXX.XXX.com

I was thinking that true monetization of domains would inclde parking a few subs :hehe: especially for TLD coms that are in the phone arena....

mobi.moble.com???

I guess if these are not recognized by google there isn't much point.... I'm just trying to increase my real estate value by adding extensions so to speak...

I will try out Sedo.... I was pretty sure I did that already though. :tri: .. BRB...
....Back...
mmmm....it just cut off the sub and tried to register the main domain... BAH!

Last edited:
•••
I don't think sedo allows that
The current subs they have is because they cooperate with centralnic

•••
Sorry, I misunderstood you - You can only park certain sub domains like

web.com
eu.com .....etc

•••
If you visit xxx.yourdomain.com it will automatically show the main parked page...so yes, you can do it, but no you can't show seperate keywords and such.

•••
gazzip said:
Sorry, I misunderstood you - You can only park certain sub domains like

web.com
eu.com .....etc

Yes these are centralnic's domains

•••
So... I am back to the original question... does ANYONE allow it?

Badger? :cy:

•••
uber said:
So... I am back to the original question... does ANYONE allow it?

Badger? :cy:

no

only approved subs are allowed

if you could do it, then everyone would have done it long ago.

you can however, create a sub and the traffic will go the the main domain when parked, but you could not "add" that sub to your parking account.

•••
uber said:

Anywhere else that will?

I had wanted to monetize one of my domains as well and have my subdomain parked on Sedo and the main one on ND. If you had a server or reseller account it is more likely you could take full advantage of sub domains.

Lygia

•••
I don't think you can sub your own domains and park it.

•••
Thats a really interesting idea. If you could do it, i would guess you would have to redirect your subdomain to a parked page somewhere. You could then branch out a subject into different areas and lead them all back to a parked page. Example football.sportsstuff.com, basketball.sportstuff.com, baseball.sportstuff.com, I would do it this way though sportsstuff.com/basketball ect. You would have to find a way to change the keyword according to where the incoming traffic came from to baseball, basketball or football accordingly. Google is not too friendly on SE results with redirects though, type-ins are a definite no-go. Now that i have thought through this, why go through all of the trouble when sportsstuff.com can just have 3 keywords? My best guess is the beter optimised a page is the more likely you are to click on a link, if the person came their looking for baseball and found basketball, I guess they would just leave. Sorry just running on, good thought though.

About direct parking a sub domain, i've never seen it before, so my guess would be no.
lol, i could see it now c.as.ino.net and cas.ino.net and ino being the only domain here. Can you sub a sub? c.a.s.ino.net? nother question for another day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back