IT.COM

Parking a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
P

playinlife302

What does parking your domain help you in anyway? What is the whole point of it. And where do you go to do it? Please answer my question.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parking a domain can do two things:

(1) It lets you generate revenue without developing the domain. Rather than just have the site sit in your portfolio, you can show pay-per-click ads on it, and generate some easy income.

(2) It lets you make it clear that the site is for sale, and advertise the fact to potential buyers.

•••
Thank YOU! Akransia I was thinking about that the other day.

•••
When you park your domain you can earn money from your unused domain without developing a site. There is possibility that your domain might get sold while parked. It also helps in determining the popularity of your domain name according to the traffic it gets. You can park your domains at Sedo, Afternic, Parkingsite, TrafficZ etc.

•••
playinlife302 said:
What does parking your domain help you in anyway? What is the whole point of it. And where do you go to do it? Please answer my question.

Well, if you have a domain name and don't want to develop it, what else than parking it can you do?
The best place to park domain names so far is Sedo :imho:

•••
When you park a domain do you have to pay a web host to maintain your site, and where do you find the links to post on your page? What the average% revenue for a park domain on say sedo or afternic?

•••
john_karr said:
When you park a domain do you have to pay a web host to maintain your site, and where do you find the links to post on your page? What the average% revenue for a park domain on say sedo or afternic?

You definitely do not have to pay Sedo to park your domains (although I cannot say whether the same is true of other such service providers). With regards to the revenue percentage, it depends a LOT on how popular your domain is (whether it has the right key words, whether it is in a popular category, etc). As an example, one of my domains (sale-central.com) makes EURO 0.17 per click (meaning that I get 0.17 Euro every time someone clicks on one of the ads on my parked domain page) - however, as it has only happened once before, I cannot estimate your average percentage revenue.

•••
There are many parking programs.
It all depends on: quality/howmany domains you have/and what kind of domains you have

if you can post a list.. i would be glad to advice you what program would be the best.
(this would just be a suggestion... of course)

kind regards,

faisj

•••
john_karr said:
When you park a domain do you have to pay a web host to maintain your site?

No, no need. You have to pay a registrar for the domain (<$8/year), but you don't have to pay a host. You simply register the domain, sign up with the parking service, and amend the nameservers with your registrar.

•••
i have one domain at netfirms and this registrar offer me park domain option.
i did pay $4.99

•••
•••
Can U Park A Domain Name Without Using Any Of The Domain Sites? Do Afternic Park Domains And Provide You With The Links?

•••
•••
john_karr said:
Can U Park A Domain Name Without Using Any Of The Domain Sites? Do Afternic Park Domains And Provide You With The Links?

All you have to do is adding a parked domain to your account at Afternic then change the DNS of the domain you want to park to their nameservers (See Afternic's faq for more details)

•••
Can you park at Godaddy? Where do you find the Links?

•••
john_karr said:

You can park at Godaddy. Sedo.com will oofer better.

Last edited:
•••
•••
john_karr said:

GoDaddy.com don't give you any revenue for domains parked there. All the revenue goes to them as far as I know.

•••
AHA7 said:
GoDaddy.com don't give you any revenue for domains parked there. All the revenue goes to them as far as I know.

Sedo.com will offer some revenue while parking.

•••
All my domain names are register with godaddy how do a park the name with Afternic or sedo? Where is the best place to park your domain names? WHERE DO YOU FIND THE LINKS FOR YOUR PARK DOMAIN?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back