IT.COM

Parked.com shuts down

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
Parked.com shut down their site today.

Edit: they merged the site with DomainApps.com - People have received e-mail from Parked.com informing them to use the same log-in.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Should we change nameserver too?
Or we can let them with parked's nameserver..?

Log on to domainapps.com with your Parked.com account log-in details and you will be asked if you want to transfer your domain names over.

I've just done this and from what I can see, all my domain name stats history from Parked.com has been transfered over, along with my Parked.com credit balance (earnings carried over too).

My nameserver's are still pointed to parked.com's servers and my daily stats are flowing through as normal (via domainapps.com), but guess going forward I will start changing them to:

ns1.domainapps.com
ns2.domainapps.com

Egg

•••
Now I could figure out there are news about parked.com closure due to verizon law suit against them for TM domains.

Even I agree with TM, I personally feel this is too much to make a company shut down. They should have get back the TM domain transfered and close the deal. Its only my opinion.

However its a severe warning for every registrar to avoid TM domains registration by others.

•••
This is absolutely ridiculous. No notice, no nothing.

They have lost my business.

•••
There WAS notice and there WAS email and they left phone number so you can contact them and talk about it before the change. In all very good job.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back