NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dherwan said:
Donny, could you tell me what domain ext's is it ? .com .net .info ccTLD's or else ?

just wondering

I haven't personally bought a domain in 5 years that I kept for more than a year. I had a large list of very generic domains that I owned myself 15 years ago, but the choice was to pay rent or renew my domains. I should have chosen the domains as they are all owned by very large companies now.

I only own .com domains, I let all of the other stuff drop/sold a long time ago. I just checked and every domain I own is at least 8 years old. Some of them I own just because they are cool, not because they make any money. But in the end, it's all about the money. :)

Donny

•••
Donny, do you develop your domain before you park or just easy to park ?

•••
I haven't developed a domain for myself in about 5 years and then it was a blog when all I did was complain to the world about stuff. I have developed quite a few large businesses at work all based on a domain.

Donny

•••
keyword match

another question Donny,

your TOS said like this
We will suspend your account if you manually hardcode inappropriate or unrelated keywords to your domain.
if I have domain 12345.com/blablabla.com or something like this, what is the match keyword for that domain ?

thanks

•••
dherwan said:
another question Donny,

your TOS said like this

if I have domain 12345.com/blablabla.com or something like this, what is the match keyword for that domain ?

thanks

45.gif

Where are you Donny?

•••
troopscott said:
I have a better example I own http://www.ask.vc how would you assign a keyword tot hat?
Troopscott, is this keyword approve by your account manager ?

How long it's domain and keyword already set ?

•••
troopscott said:
I have a better example I own http://www.ask.vc how would you assign a keyword tot hat?

I wonder if the keyword ANSWERS or QUESTION would work? or both!

On TradeAnswers.com I put (answer question).

dherwan said:
Troopscott, is this keyword approve by your account manager ?
?

They don't need approval. Just need to be relevant.

•••
DnPresident said:
They don't need approval. Just need to be relevant.
Mr. President :)
in what kind a rule that keywords is relevant ?

How about troopscott case, is ask relevant with parked keyword ? or parked has it own algorithm ?

I just wondering if I buy no meaning domain so I can test which keywords has a lot of sponsored links and can make money with that.

•••
dherwan said:
Mr. President :)
in what kind a rule that keywords is relevant ?

How about troopscott case, is ask relevant with parked keyword ? or parked has it own algorithm ?

I just wondering if I buy no meaning domain so I can test which keywords has a lot of sponsored links and can make money with that.

dherwan, It's Parked.com's rules, not mine. It's actually noted in their sites rules somewhere, I remember reading it when I first opened the account. Your account can be suspended. I don't know how hard it's enforced and don't want to have to worry about it.

Parked will do it's best to auto set the keyword but it's not perfect and does need to be checked. As for a name like "ASK " I guess you could almost put anything that people may have a question about. Since I have TradeAnswers I was just giving an example of what I used that I thought was about as relevant to the name as possible.

Just common sense I guess.

Last edited:
•••
troopscott said:
Donny Could you take a look at the domain http://www.mortgages.gd for me? Since I parked it with youguys it has had 1559 visits and has a CTR of less than one percent. I have tried diffrent templates etc but no luck. I did change they keyword from mortgages to home loans today to see if that would help but any ideas would be appreciated

Must learn to send via PM first.

Donny

•••
troopscott said:
Will send via PM in future thanks for your response and thoughts/ideas

Troopscott, please share your "thoughts/ideas" with us...just be careful posting your domains publically...(what I think Donny was trying to say) :)

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else get a drop off in traffic/clicks? Only my few adult domains are still at parked and traffic isn't amazing, 10-30 hits a day.

But my stats from 9/10 - 9/13 show a total of 45 hits and 0 clicks. Since I joined I have never had a day with 0 clicks and all the sudden while they are having problems I have 3 days with nothing?

Anyone else get hit with this?

•••
Donny could you help me please ? Why i always rejected apply to parked evenly get great domains ?

•••
i transferred a few domains to parked, from sedo, and they've gotten me a few more clicks than sedo. definitely beating sedo right now.

•••
bwx said:
Donny could you help me please ? Why i always rejected apply to parked evenly get great domains ?

hehe I got rejected too.

One of the reason is cause we use free emails like gmail.

•••
Well I would like to be able to say parked.com is working well for me; I really like the customization options. But I have 220 domains over there right now, and I'm lucky if I get a click a day, whereas they seem to collect plenty of clicks (albeit mostly low priced) at Namedrive and even SEDO. I'm thinking my collection just isn't a good match over there (mostly 2 click pages, with a few 1 clicks here and here) It is a conundrum, because I really want to be able to set my own titles and meta description tags. But it just ain't workin'.

•••
bwx said:

The more you apply the more likely you will be rejected. After getting rejected I recommend that you send something to us and ask us to look at your application including the username/email you used to signup. Otherwise, it's kind of hard for us to figure out who people are based on their namepros.com name.

Donny

•••
Yes, once you go PARKED.com you don't go back! B-)
I think most people that are with Parked.com clearly see why our members are so loyal! :tu:

•••
I'm sorry for asking this (cause im sure it's common knowledge), but can you tell me when parked.com pay's via paypal (i know it's twice a month)

Thanks guys.

•••
Sweet, thanks.

troopscott said:
7th and 22nd

Also stats are now moving every 30 minutes instead of every hour for you stat junkies like me

•••
troopscott said:
7th and 22nd

Might I add, NEVER LATE! :tu:

Also stats are now moving every 30 minutes instead of every hour for you stat junkies like me

Awesome! B-)

•••
Donny said:
The more you apply the more likely you will be rejected. After getting rejected I recommend that you send something to us and ask us to look at your application including the username/email you used to signup. Otherwise, it's kind of hard for us to figure out who people are based on their namepros.com name.

Donny

I've already done what u said, but until now no answer. What's Next ?

•••
bwx, just send me a PM and I'll take a look sometime tonight. I'm in the middle of "Super Paper Mario" with my 5 year old. :)

Donny

•••
Donny said:
bwx, just send me a PM and I'll take a look sometime tonight. I'm in the middle of "Super Paper Mario" with my 5 year old. :)

Donny

I've already send email..I'm waiting for your answer PLEASE.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back