Domain Empire

Pair of 6-Figure Domain Sales Get 4th Quarter Off to a Good Start

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. The final quarter of 2006 got off to a good start with a pair of six-figure .com sales, one in a private transaction and the other at BuyDomains who had a monster sales week with more than 100 names in our new report.

Our new all extension Top 20 also included a .net, a .org and a pair of country code domains (one from Great Britain and one from Japan). .Net dominated the Global Contenders Chart but .org and .info each had two entries in the first ten. The Country Code race went to .co.uk with three of the top four entries. America's .us and Japan's .jp also made appearances in the first five. Read all about it through the link below:

DNJournal.com Weekly Domain Sales Report

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe this is the first report with buydomains input included. And 4 sales in top 10 and 8 in top 20. Wow and 68 sales in 2k-4k range. Quite impressive.

•••
gamehouse said:
I believe this is the first report with buydomains input included. And 4 sales in top 10 and 8 in top 20. Wow and 68 sales in 2k-4k range. Quite impressive.

They started contributing sales info last week. The number of domains they are selling weekly is phenomenal. Having their input gives us a much better view of how broad the market is.

•••
Thanks for getting BD to start contributing. I think having their sales records will show domainers with "non premium" domains how to better price their domains. If we can get the mid level reseller to sell a $1k domain for $1k and not demand $10k, it will help the secondary market considerably (IMO).

•••
I honestly am amazed at the crap I see this week in the $XXXX-$XXXXX range. Simply amazed at what resellers with deep pockets will pay.

Yep - these people seem VERY confident that domain prices will continue to rise and rise and rise...

•••
Duke said:
They started contributing sales info last week. The number of domains they are selling weekly is phenomenal. Having their input gives us a much better view of how broad the market is.

Definetly - It will help alot IMO - Very impressive sales, I can see why he does'nt have a problem bidding so high all the time at snapnames :hehe:

( I still wish he would take a wee holiday :wave: and let us poor peasants get a chance at snagging some shiny little gems :hehe: )

Just kidding Saggy :) great job - at least you DO offer to sell yours to wanting endusers unlike some of the corporate hoarders !

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
Nice to see BD reports.

I honestly am amazed at the crap I see this week in the $XXXX-$XXXXX range. Simply amazed at what resellers with deep pockets will pay.
How do you assume it's resellers buying ?

•••
I just made a $1500 sale at Sedo this week as well. I gotta sell something and make the chart. My past big name sales I didn't inform Duke.

•••
will we see the .mobi pool auctions in there next week?

•••
JP,

You hit the nail on the head! We all have names that I am SURE of dropped would fetch xxxx that I can not even get low xxx or high xx for. There definitely seems to be some type of 'Drop euphoria' that makes people compete over crap domains-- i dont understand it!

•••
Very interesting, and I agree with you JP. It is, and will always be one of the biggest domain mysteries.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back