IT.COM

Ownership verification requested?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,
I recieved an email from sedo an a domain name they wish to verify ownership of with me. Other names were accpted by sedo with me as verified owner that were purchased at the same time and have similar text as the domain in question.
Also was the inclusion of advise that if I redirect name server that this would verify my ownership.
Is common parctice? Should I point page rather than redirecrt name server?

Thank you

namenut

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's common practice. You can just park the names with them and you will be fine, unless they specifically ask for a additional reply by E-mail.
They sometimes ask for verification when I list a name for sale just after registering them (I assume the whois has not updated yet for them).

•••
Just park the domain with them as sdsinc said and you wont have any trouble.

•••
It's just a formality, do what they've asked. :)

•••
Thank you

Strange thing. Took 3 days to register. Whois showed it to be mine but my registrar said I was not the owner. All good now it just took longer than usual.

Thank you

namenut

•••
I often see delays, sometimes 3 days to add a name with Sedo... they are a bit slow

•••
Verification is generally good :)

And Sedo made their security policy more clear recently. They also need to verify domains which have WHOIS data protected. They simply ask to swith off the data for a while and after verification protection can be switched on again.

•••
its common, park the domain so you can make some money!

•••
If a domains whois info doesnt match the info you gave them they will ask you to confirm. They did it to me once.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back