NameSilo

ovt w. ext. 150 but no traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A few days ago I registrered a domain that has overture with extension of about 150. It hardly gets any traffic, about 1 a day. The domain was free to register, no drop, no links, never registered before. It is a typo of a domain that has overture with extension of over 5000. Also I registered some more typos of this domain with ovt.w. ext. from 30 to 100, same story.
Now I see that the original site is offline, could be temporary, not sure. The original site is registered for many more years, so not expiring or anything. Archive say it has been around for about 4 years.

Now I know that overture says nothing really, but this little traffic is hard to believe. Any comments/explanations/views are much appreciated.

P.S. I am not sure I should post the name because I am not sure about any possible issues.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nobody any opinion after sharing the name?

•••
When registering typos, I usually check the original page in Alexa, too. If the original page has suspiciously low Alexa rank, I'll rather avoid registering typos of it, good OVT numbers tend to be worthless in such cases.

In your case, the original site has Alexa TR 963,687, which is a really low number to consider registering typos IMO.

•••
pascal said:
The domain is: nameitandclaimit dot org

wow, no wonder you don't have any traffic D-:

•••
pascal said:
Any comments/explanations/views are much appreciated.

short term promotion results in short term traffic, your names were probably worth owning for the month of december.

•••
The real question here is how come the OVT score, not how come no traffic..;)

Maybe the guy who owns it was nervously checking his rankigs and therefore the OVT score..:)

•••
lind said:
In your case, the original site has Alexa TR 963,687, which is a really low number to consider registering typos IMO.
That is too low, but remember that alexa is horribly inaccurate sometimes

•••
1rrr1 said:
That is too low, but remember that alexa is horribly inaccurate sometimes

Correct, but OVT + Alexa check has proved accurate enough for me. If I see high OVT and low Alexa it's most probably not worth trying.

If I still would like to reg some typos, I'd be very careful and not reg 5 typos right away - 1 (highest OVT) to check traffic, if it's good, register the other ones, too. Primitive approach, but works well.

•••
lind said:
If I still would like to reg some typos, I'd be very careful and not reg 5 typos right away - 1 (highest OVT) to check traffic, if it's good, register the other ones, too. Primitive approach, but works well.
that is a very good approach which i sometimes use when i am not sure the domain will sustain the traffic.

•••
mole said:

Don't understand. Please explain. This domain has over 5000 overture.

I appreciate all your input, but still have seen no explanation, at least none I understand. Could be me though.

•••
yup

remember that all the indicators are imperfect and each one is only a possible sign of one variable ... check multiple indicators ... jump down turn around ... and hope for the best

alot of the replies are useful points

i have names like that and messed up on some by not being a little more patient and thorough with research - chance favours the prepared mind!

•••
pascal said:
mole said:

Don't understand. Please explain. This domain has over 5000 overture.

I appreciate all your input, but still have seen no explanation, at least none I understand. Could be me though.
i actually have no clue as well. At least you are getting some traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back