NameSilo

Overture value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know there's a good value in overture listed keywords with extension, but what about without extension? say a two word keyphrase has a 20,000+ rank on overture in the form of "one two" - would onetwo.com be valuable at all if it didn't have the extension?

Would it even seem a little odd for something with 20,000+ ranking to not have an extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First off, OT is not any kind of ranking. It is the amount of searches done on the word, term, domain etc.. the previous month. Everybody has their own preferences when it comes to OT numbers with or without extension. Just think of it this way, if a term has results of 20,000 that means last month 20,000 searches were done on that term. IMO 20,000 searches would be low for domain resale speculation. It is not odd for OT results to not have extension. It just means there were searches for the term and none for any physical domain.

•••
Personally, I don't put as much stock in to "OVT with extension" figures as some ... as these stats can (have the ability to) be easily manipulated, and require premeditation (and patience) to eventually see the beneficial results reflected for any specific domain(s), IMHO.
I'm hopeful that these cases are few and far between ... but the point is, they can be manipulated and one should always complement their research of any claims with information beyond just Overture's, in my view.
:wave:

•••
I've wondered since the first time I spotted the phrase "OVT with ext" what significance there is to a search "with ext".

Why would anybody do a search for any term 'with extension' except to find subdomains of that domain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back