NameSilo

discuss Other than email, what do you use for outbound markting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SBS66

Established Member
Impact
I was wondering what other pros here, who market to end-users, use to market. For example, on another thread, there was a gentleman who said he uses post-cards.

Anyone use other tactics to market to end-users in for domains offers of $500+?

Thanks in advance.

Back later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've done postcards, Craigslist and of course phone calls. If you are doing geo names in your local area, you could try in person.

If you had a specific niche that has trade magazines, that would be another option. Newspaper ad.

•••
I've done postcards, Craigslist and of course phone calls. If you are doing geo names in your local area, you could try in person.

If you had a specific niche that has trade magazines, that would be another option. Newspaper ad.

Thank you.

For some of my legal geos I am thinking of doing snail mail. I had not read about Craigslist, thank you! And the trade mags for lawyers are pretty expensive relative to the domain pricing that I have in mind.

But you have given me a wonderful idea for a test case! Much appreciated!

•••
If you do snail mail, here is a good tip that I have used for political campaigns.

1. Hand write the address
2. Go on eBay and buy some old commemorative postage. A lot of times you can get it under face value. Stamp topics related to the industry would be even better.

Some US stamps related to law:
Scott#

•••
My handwriting is awful,lol.

Those are good tips...I didn't even know there were stamps related to law. Thank you.

Edited to add: now that I think about it, I usually open ad letters that look hand-written and have postage.

•••

What type of Cragslist ad do you answer to? I mean how does one know that the business owner is looking for a domain name?

•••
What type of Cragslist ad do you answer to? I mean how does one know that the business owner is looking for a domain name?
I post ads, I don't generally reply to them.

•••
•••
I used it for a large group of city geo+service names. As I recall, my ad was something like:

High value portfolio of CITY domain names example, example

Offers on one or all. A great way to move your business to the next level or start your own domain business. Huge opportunity to own your category defining domain.

List of domains

(Keyword packed section). Fantastic for florists, brake repair, etc. etc. do you sell product, product, product

These won't last, act quickly. Blah, blah

•••
I used it for a large group of city geo+service names. As I recall, my ad was something like:

High value portfolio of CITY domain names example, example

Offers on one or all. A great way to move your business to the next level or start your own domain business. Huge opportunity to own your category defining domain.

List of domains

(Keyword packed section). Fantastic for florists, brake repair, etc. etc. do you sell product, product, product

These won't last, act quickly. Blah, blah

Thanks, will try this method. So far the best method I've found is Phone, second Email and last Social Media, Hope Craigslist breaks all the barriers.

•••
2. Go on eBay and buy some old commemorative postage. A lot of times you can get it under face value. Stamp topics related to the industry would be even better.
In some countries you can design your own stamps, for example bearing your corporate name and logo (or something else): you upload the materials, pay and get your order through the post a few days later. I have used the technique for years with nice feedback.
Your suggestion is actually good because some stamps are collectors items and have some value. Some recipients might be happy to receive your promotional stuff. You can also send stationary, customized mugs, USB sticks - anything. It depends on your marketing budget.

•••
... second Email ....

Do you mean a second email if the first one went unanswered? I've thought of that, but have wondered whether that would signal that no one else had been interested in the name--I use a template that is short but talks about offering it to others in the same buz/industry.

•••
Do you mean a second email if the first one went unanswered? I've thought of that, but have wondered whether that would signal that no one else had been interested in the name--I use a template that is short but talks about offering it to others in the same buz/industry.

In total, I send one email and then follow up twice week after week until they reply or else I give up.

But what I actually meant was, my success rate chronologically:

1. Phone
2. Email
3. Social Media

Damn punctuation marks! :)

•••
In total, I send one email and then follow up twice week after week until they reply or else I give up.

But what I actually meant was, my success rate chronologically:

1. Phone
2. Email
3. Social Media

Damn punctuation marks! :)

Ah..I see. I'm going to have to try a second email.

Thank you.

•••
Re-thinking the second email idea, I think I'd rather do regular mail. I did get the stamps as @inforg suggested so will do that, and see what happens. Thanks again @inforg

•••
Has anyone had success with snail mail?

•••
I've thought pointing targeted Google ads with exact keywords and spend limits to a landing page, anyone tried this?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back