Domain Empire

poll Opinion Please on Which Name Would be best

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

So my question is which do others think would be best for getting the most traffic ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • etchedglasses.com

votes
    75.0%
  • gifts.wine

vote
    25.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I wasn't to sure where to post this and I hope this is okay under this topic.

I currently own Gifts.wine (I etch and sell personalized wine glasses) and I am still building and upgrading my store on it (I know I still have a lot of work to do on it). I have some traffic and a few sales already. But I also own etchedglasses.com. I have been out of the loop for so long and I remember many years ago .com was the best and only way to go. But I thought that all changed and using other extensions can still get you found, which is why I bought and set up on Gifts.wine, seemed like a really easy name to remember to me.

But now I am thinking I should have just used etchedglasses.com like I originally had planned.

So my question is what do others think is the best name to get better traffic: gifts.wine or etchedglasses.com ?

Thank you in advance for letting me post here.
If I need to move this post somewhere else please just let me know.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you make and sell etched glasses, obviously the EMD of such would be the better choice...by far!

•••
Hi

to me, it's a common sense answer

if you etch glass, then that's what domain should be.

imo...

•••
Yeh like, these are totally unrelated in terms of naming. Though the purpose behind them driving them are the same, the dot-com wins because it fits. I like etchedglasses.com. Keep the gifts.wine as a forwarder if you anticipate broadening your products beyond etching in the future.
Thank you for your response. I do have thoughts of adding personalized cheese boards, bottle openers, wine accessories etc... once I finish getting all my products listed the way I want them.

•••
•••
Yeh like, these are totally unrelated in terms of naming. Though the purpose behind them driving them are the same, the dot-com wins because it fits. I like etchedglasses.com. Keep the gifts.wine as a forwarder if you anticipate broadening your products beyond etching in the future.

•••
I wasn't to sure where to post this and I hope this is okay under this topic.

I currently own Gifts.wine (I etch and sell personalized wine glasses) and I am still building and upgrading my store on it (I know I still have a lot of work to do on it). I have some traffic and a few sales already. But I also own etchedglasses.com. I have been out of the loop for so long and I remember many years ago .com was the best and only way to go. But I thought that all changed and using other extensions can still get you found, which is why I bought and set up on Gifts.wine, seemed like a really easy name to remember to me.

But now I am thinking I should have just used etchedglasses.com like I originally had planned.

So my question is what do others think is the best name to get better traffic: gifts.wine or etchedglasses.com ?

Thank you in advance for letting me post here.
If I need to move this post somewhere else please just let me know.

the .com,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back