IT.COM

Opensea.com is in the upcoming Great Domains auction at Sedo (will it sell?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The latest Great Domains auction starts at Sedo today and there are some heavyweight names on the list. PrivateEquity.com, VentureCapital.com and Soft.com to name a few. One of the names on there is OpenSea.com, Opensea.io is home to the large NFT marketplace that has been in the news all year for many reasons. OpenSea logged […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol well u can start being disappointed now

The term "opeansea" is very generic, like "goodsky".
If the owner doesn't use it for NFTs, then there is no real case for a TM.
I don't think a UDRP is valid here unless the use case is for NFTs.

This is just an opinion.
*This is not a legal advice.

Last edited:
•••
The term "opeansea" is very generic, like "goodsky".
If the owner doesn't use it for NFTs, then there is no real case for a TM.
I don't think a UDRP is valid here unless the use case is for NFTs.

This is just an opinion.
*This is not a legal advice.

I was talking about yer 3mil price

•••
I was talking about yer 3mil price

The 3 million price is not that far fetched.
I can imagine quite of a bidding war lol B-)

•••
Outside of trademarks and fuss, people will probably hate me for saying this, but this domain is high thousands / 5 figure territory. Not 6 or 7 seven figures

IMO

•••
3m Bargain for opensea com

In August, digital marketplace OpenSea recorded over $3.4 billion in transactions across 1.67 million non-fungible tokens (NFTs). In July, its sales reached $325 million, following less than $150 million in June. The exponential growth corresponds to a shift in NFT content being auctioned, which may impact the development of digital strategies by brands and sports entities.

3.4 Billion !!

•••
3m Bargain for opensea com

In August, digital marketplace OpenSea recorded over $3.4 billion in transactions across 1.67 million non-fungible tokens (NFTs). In July, its sales reached $325 million, following less than $150 million in June. The exponential growth corresponds to a shift in NFT content being auctioned, which may impact the development of digital strategies by brands and sports entities.

3.4 Billion !!

Maybe fine for Open Sea, the NFT business, but I don't see them paying in that range

As for anyone else starting a different Open Sea ...save the fish charity, a waterpark, a retailer, or whatever ...I'm going with nah. We'll see what happens

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure OpenSea.io will buy OpenSea.com. Otherwise, competitors like Rarible.com can buy it and redirect traffic to their website.
It is important for OpenSea.io to acquire this domain to keep them growing.

•••
It definitely is gonna sell. Only if the right buyers know that it is on offer.

•••
anyone that is really aware of what NFT has been, is and would become knows that the owner of OpenSea.com is seating on a goldmine just because the first-ever and largest NFT marketplace is OpenSea.io

Finger crossed... It already has $95,000 highest bid now

my forecast is at least $1M-$10million sale rate because OpenSea.io handles $Billions monthly in transactions

•••
1 day left and reserve price didn't meet yet. NGMI

•••
Fake bidding may be to higher the price of the domain ... they hype the domain ... No TM issues? GLTA!

Last edited:
•••
Bidding war probably at end of auction ... Just curious ... GLTA!

•••
I think the most likely buyer is Open Sea I could see 150 -250k

•••
I just realized the reserve , that feels a bit like extortion since we know who the primary buyer is

•••
•••
Bill Gates is getting into Seasteading. It is a longshot, but that would be the only other entity that I could see bidding if he wanted it. It would be a nice domain for that purpose and potentially generate some additional buzz around those projects, instant traffic and no TM issues. Again, longshot. I don't think this sells for much.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back