Dynadot

onthespothosting.net - your thoughts ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

loran76

Account Closed
Impact
I need a fully managed dedi and I was recommended to buy one from www.onthespothosting.net. They offer it for $159 per month with free setup. Do you think it's O'k?
Is it expensive for this kind of a dedi (Intel 2.4GHz Celeron Processor) or not?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the dedicated is fully managed, then I'd say the price is right.

•••
loran76 said:
I need a fully managed dedi and I was recommended to buy one from www.onthespothosting.net. They offer it for $159 per month with free setup. Do you think it's O'k?
Is it expensive for this kind of a dedi (Intel 2.4GHz Celeron Processor) or not?
Will 512MB RAM satisfy you? What kind of project are you going to run with onthespothosting.net?

•••
As far as I understand: http://onthespothosting.net/dedicated.html, they have datacenter in Dallas. So try to think if it'll be fine for you. And as CrazyTech said prices are right. And threre are some nice features included.

•••
Besides, onthespothosting.net has the 90 day money back guarantee. The price is all right for the dedi of this config.

•••
I host my proxy network with them and they are very good. They answer all problems in less then 24hours, I have been very pleased with Jonathans service. Never had any major problems.

•••
Does onthespothosting.net provide any Raid solution? Is the server managed? For this price you will find many dedicated plans from other hosts as well.

•••
novelty look at onthespothosting.net web page:
http://onthespothosting.net/dedicated.html#servers
Let OTSH take care of all your server administration for you. With OTSH Fully Managed Dedicated Servers we will firewall your server and make sure that it is kept up to date with the latest updates to ensure that your server is NEVER exploited. OTSH Server Management includes 24/7 monitoring of your server so that you can sleep well. If a problem arises our support staff will take care of it for you.

It is difficult to say about RAID. I guess you have to contact them with this question.

•••
Also its 512 MB Ram and 10 MBPS port speed which is only 5 times faster than my cell phone I believe.

If you want a good dedicated that is managed, I will suggest www.surpasshosting.com

•••
loran76 said:
The price is all right for this kind of dedi. I wonder if onthespothosting.net provides any setup fee. If yes, how much does it cost?

•••
bLaZ3n said:
Also its 512 MB Ram and 10 MBPS port speed which is only 5 times faster than my cell phone I believe.
just looked up onthespothosting.net dedicated plans , and couldn't find anywhere 10 MBPS port speed...

•••
moonlight77 said:
The price is all right for this kind of dedi. I wonder if onthespothosting.net provides any setup fee. If yes, how much does it cost?
No, Onthespothosting.net doesn't provide any setup fee. A dedi costs $159 per month and that's all.

•••
•••
Network

• Cisco Certified Network

• Juniper M20 Border Routers

• Cisco 6500 Series Distribution Routing Switches

• Cisco 6500 Series Aggregation Switches

• 100% Uptime SLA utilizing HSRP/BGP
It is from onthespothosting.net site.
Does it mean that they have 5 global providers? Is it Tire1?

•••
MutoGen said:
It is from onthespothosting.net site.
Does it mean that they have 5 global providers? Is it Tire1?
It looks like that. If Onthespothosting.net has 5 global provides it must be great. They must have 100% uptime.

•••
http://www.theplanet.com/dedicated-servers/

onthespothosting has their servers at theplanet.com.
I am not against onthespothosting, but as a fellow forumer, I would suggest , you rent a dedi from theplanet, it costs something like $89/month and then get it managed from platinumservermanagement.com ..
Both these companies are extremely old , reputed and popular.

•••
The planet is quite big company. Support might be not kind enough. I like small companies. They as rule they do provide better services. If Onthespothosting.net has cabinet in the planet it matter nothing at all. Stay with onthespothosting.net. Pretty nice company.

•••
•••
hupadupa said:
Do you mean onthespothosting.net uses theplanet colocation services?
It looks like that. But I don't think it means that Onthespothosting.net provides a worse service than theplanet.

•••
As rule small companies like onthespothosting.net doing better service than main provider. And in this case onthespothosting.net looks more attractive than main provider.

Last edited:
•••
Onthespothosting.net writes:
OTSH web hosting plans are for both businesses and entrepreneurs. All of our plans include a 99.9% uptime guarantee, 24/7/365 phone and ticket support, and a 90-day money back guarantee. We are so sure that you will love our web hosting service that we have increased our money back guarantee to over 90 days!
Guess it's trustworthy info.

•••
Hello. I think if onthespothosting.net offer 90 day money back guarantee that it true. If they offer that - they are sure in their services quality. About Uptime - better to check it with third party service.

•••
Waiter said:
Hello. I think if onthespothosting.net offer 90 day money back guarantee that it true. If they offer that - they are sure in their services quality. About Uptime - better to check it with third party service.
It means you have to hire the 3rd party it to check up Onthespothosting.net's work, right? But in this case you have to pay them money for it.

•••
Waiter said:

Onthespothosting.net recommend downloading a 10 meg speed test from their network. I guess it could give some idea of their services.

•••
Has anybody used free mon.itor.us service? What's your idea of it?
Can it be used for host monitoring? And one more thing how reliable are the stats offered by sites like uptime.besthostratings.com? To the OP, there's no onthespothosting.net stats there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back