Domain Empire

.us One Word .us names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Do one word .us names have value simply because they are one word? Do they have to be internet words or just one word, any one word? Is it better if it is an "internet word"?

I'm just addicted to finding a good .us name that might prove to be worth something. Is the one word thing the way to go? What about names?

What about phrases? I see that "garagesales.us" is taken - does that have value simply because everyone knows what garage sales are? Because I'm sure I can think of some sort of phrase or thing that is more than one word that's not taken.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do one word .us names have value simply because they are one word?

Its not as clear cut as that.
Even a one word .com can be worth only reg fee if it has no obvious business potential.

All products, verbs and good nouns will likely have value as you can visualize a probable use for it.

Past tense (-ed) , -ly and -ing names can suffer.

A good phrase or two word combo CAN be as valuable as a good one word domain, same criteria apply though.

•••
Generally, one-word is better than more words, just as shorter domains are better than longer. However, there are many, many domains that buck this rule of thumb. You just need to use common business sense and do your research regarding probable end-user demand or domain brandability when evaluating domains.

Good question, amd. Happy domaining!

- Apollo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back