IT.COM

.tv One word product .tv value?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
What is the value of a premium one word product .tv? Did these ever really take off?

I'm talking names like Shoes.tv, Books.tv etc.

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every name is individual so I'm not sure if whole groups of names can be defined as easy sellers. Even something like two-letter names, a group that everyone thinks is great, have gone for figures of between $1k and 100 times plus that amount.

Looking through my own sales/deals the names that fit your category are electronics.tv props.tv diy.tv toy.tv and automobile.tv - all for very different figures, but all profitable.

•••
That is hard to say, my biggest disclosed sale is 50K, but much bigger NDA sale.

All I can say there are many 6 figure .tv sales, but have not been disclosed. That is usually the buyers request. IMO, .tv is the best extension out there behind .com, and I been in .tv since 2000, but it's not liquid unless you have 1 or 2 letter names or number names.

•••
Like the rest of the members said, it all depends. Make sure you factor in renewal cost and time period that you are willing to hold to make an ROI. Also, measure your downside risk if you never get an offer and have to write off the loss. Personally, I think .TV is the best ROI extension out there.

A

•••
i think names like book and shoes are not good fit for .tv and therefore wouldn't garner the premium ranges like say "hunting.tv" or fishing.tv, where the usage concept is more obvious and viewers would be more likely to watch as a program.

imo....

•••
i think names like book and shoes are not good fit for .tv and therefore wouldn't garner the premium ranges like say "hunting.tv" or fishing.tv, where the usage concept is more obvious and viewers would be more likely to watch as a program.

imo....

Crazy enough, Shoes.tv sold for $18,000 in the past with a premium renewal. Every domain name is different.

A

•••

imo....

This is what I've been thinking. It is more the activity that is important.

Thanks to everyone who posted.

•••
Crazy enough, Shoes.tv sold for $18,000 in the past with a premium renewal. Every domain name is different.

A
Exactly, and same folks bought myshoes.tv from me for $ 500

•••
Crazy enough, Shoes.tv sold for $18,000 in the past with a premium renewal.

Exactly, and same folks bought myshoes.tv from me for $ 500

and what's even crazier is....neither are developed and both names have landing pages

so, somebody exchanged money for what

they probably got shoes.tv, thinking they would get some traffic from paversshoes.tv or be able to sell it to them

but paversshoes.tv now redirects to pavers .co.uk

lol

imo....

•••
and what's even crazier is....neither are developed and both names have landing pages

so, somebody exchanged money for what

they probably got shoes.tv, thinking they would get some traffic from paversshoes.tv or be able to sell it to them

but paversshoes.tv now redirects to pavers .co.uk

lol

imo....
Both were developed and used years ago ....

•••
who.tv
and.tv
psp.tv
Support for you!

•••
don't get me wrong, i not saying i don't like .tv

as the viewpoints expressed were specifically for examples given.

i made some gud ppc rev $ on .tv names in the past.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back