One to avoid - Paul Rogers

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

luke

Established Member
Impact
2
Hello,

Well, I used this kid to help me out as I had no ftp access, and he was gonna upload my vB forum, template and do a shop hack.

He previously said to me he has never used vB before, but is very good with code so I let him loose.

Over an hour had passed of him working on a simple shop hack that I could have done in 15-20 mins had I ftp access, and all I had to show for it were PHP errors.

So I was getting impatient, and asked him to remove the code he'd altered, as it was clear he wasn't as good with working out code as he thought.

He did this, but left lots of PHP errors in the admincp. I asked him to fix them, and he got irate.

He then posted on MSN "How's the site now? Is it ok?"

So I went to the site, and he had redirected it to homosexual elderly pornography. When I demanded he remove it and put my database back up, he tells me he deleted my database without backing up.

I can't get his full details as he uses WhoisGuard, but he runs http://www.xtreme-forums.com/ and is obviously a bored kid who knows nothing about conducting himself in a respectful manner.

So don't get into dealings with Paul Rogers
[email protected]
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Well Paul..I'm glad to see you can aknowledge your past mistakes. It shows a ton of maturity. However, doing this to someones domain is still wrong and unjust...regardless of provocation...and I believe you know that, whether you aknowledge it or not.

As per Luke asking you to do other things for him, I've no clue and cant dispute that. Perhaps getting Luke back here to post a follow up would be in your interest.
 
0
•••
I just don't want freakin' bad reputation going around my name here at the forums. I just have to be sure everyone knows that it's safe to do deals with me so that i next time offer something I don't get PMs or bid drawbacks due to people finding this thread. I think that's pretty understadeble ..
 
0
•••
No Petter, It doesnt mean that..and as I stated..I didnt believe..and posted as such..that you were the same guy. I went out of my way to make that clear.

I do understand you being offended being mentioned in the same post, but I did try to contact you in a thread of yours about this...to which you never replied. Sorry if you take offense, but it wasnt derogatory against you and wasnt intended to be in anyway... simply another method for Luke to follow through.
 
0
•••
May i respectfully suggest the following link:

http://www.oswego.org/staff/cchamber/literacy/grammar.cfm

:lol:

JK.......

Hey lighten up guys.... Talk about a storm in a tea cup. So the guy re-directed anothers site to a porn site, i guess temporarily, because of a dispute...

I hate these kind of posts... WARNING : DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BADGER.. He said he was gonna pay me but instead went and hid in his sett...
 
0
•••
OK, how's this petter, I will edit your name out.. you can edit your posts to hide any linkable information. that sound fair to you?
 
0
•••
LeeRyder said:
No Petter, It doesnt mean that..and as I stated..I didnt believe..and posted as such..that you were the same guy. I went out of my way to make that clear.

I do understand you being offended being mentioned in the same post, but I did try to contact you in a thread of yours about this...to which you never replied. Sorry if you take offense, but it wasnt derogatory against you and wasnt intended to be in anyway... simply another method for Luke to follow through.
It's not the fact that you never though I was the same person, it's the fast you saying I'm connected to Paul in some way and me not beeing noticed that my name is mentiond in such a thread like this where my name is mentiond for beeing connected to a the scamer.
 
0
•••
ok, if you see me posting links to an ebay or paypal scam site.. what would be your first thought Petter?

I believe I've done no wrong here, but I am apologizing for offending you and have edited your name out. Not sure what else you expect me to do or would like to see here.

However, we still need to clarify the paul rogers issue I believe.
 
0
•••
The Paul issues is non of my biz., I just wanted to clear up for myself :) Thanks for edeting my name out, that's all I wanted
 
0
•••
np man...again though..sorry if I offended you.. that wasn't my intention bro... just trying to get information was all.

Best of luck :)
 
0
•••
does this look like someone who dont trust me, and someone i done wrong agsinst:

--removed--

he gave me FTP info, cpanel info etc, if i was bad, you think he would gimme access more than once, it took me 5 mins on msn, i offered to develop a site for him, which i earlier refused to develop, im guessing he dont trust me, aah well, this really sounds like someone who thinks im a person not to trust etc
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Firstly, giving him access to a one off $5 hosting account with nothing else on it isn't the definition of trust.

Secondly, if Paul had asked me, I would have returned to this thread and clear his name - which I would have done already but I forgot I'd even posted in here.

Until this strange method of clearing his name, Paul seemed cool enough and we had gotten along.

If you don't mind working with a tempermental 15 year old, then use Paul. Don't be surprised if your IM conversations appear on a message board though :)
 
0
•••
Thank you Luke for posting and updating us here :)
 
0
•••
sorry luke, i was annoyed after seeing this thread, sorry for posting the IM convos, ill remove them from FTP now, done, there gone, i posted them as thats all i could think of, and after the wasting my time bit etc, you seemed ok to, sorry for postin IM convos, all i was showing is you say i cant be trusted, but you were somehow trusting me, im willing to forget this if you are, and my name be cleared :D if not then >:( errr lol
 
Last edited:
0
•••
xtreme-forums said:
sorry luke, i was pissed/annoyed after seeing this thread, sorry for posting the IM convos, ill remove them from FTP now, done, there gone, i posted them as thatsa ll i could think of, and after the wasting my time bit etc, you seemed ok to, sorry for postin IM convos, all i was showing is you say i cant be trusted, but you were somehow trusting me, im willing to forget this if you are, and my name be cleared :D if not then >:( errr lol

Might i also suggest you go back and remove all the swearing...!

Think you'll find its against forum rules and could get you banned..

;)
 
0
•••
removed, and luke, the only reason i didnt ask you to come back here and post here, is you occasionally come accross spiteful people, who will know i want my name cleared, so they would come here and post something the opposite to what im saying and go against me etc, sorry for posting the convos
 
0
•••
Badger while you are taking about forum rules i suggest you check the rules yourself.

Signature states
Signatures should be no more than four lines in length and may not contain images or font sizes larger than SIZE 2.

:D
 
0
•••
lol

how can you not believe it when he has already admitted it?
 
0
•••
he means maliciously do it, and the way it was described, me made it out as if i deleted his forum installation etc, i deletd what i installed, anyway, this post is getting off and stupid, luke has allready posted saying he woulda cleared my name if he had remembered about this post, everyone makes mistakes, im sure you made a few yourself, i done what i thought was best at the time, thats the best i can do
 
0
•••
lol, ok..why doesnt really matter.. though I cannot understand how it could/would be done for any other reason than malice.... though I might be narrow minded in that regard.

Again, glad Luke cleared this up for us
 
0
•••
Redirecting someones site to pornography is malicious, as far as I'm concerned.

This is my last post in this thread - Paul and I have settled the situation and I am happy with leaving things as they are.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back