Domain Empire

Friends Ex-Host

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My friend has recently had an argument with a host over the domain when he moved to his own server, he wanted to register and post this bu I thought Post Count = NP$ :D

Hello,

Last June I bought a domain, I sent the money to my host to buy it as he said he knew a cheap website. So I sent him money through paypal and he bought me the domain.

I then moved hosting, and having convinced him to changed the nameserver he finally did it.

Since then he's been blackmailing me ever since and if we didn't do what he wanted, he'd take the domain away from us.

I offered to buy it off him and he said he can't because it's in the same panel as other domains he owns.

He's still blackmailing me, and I think he's going to change the domain to his own site now.

What can I do?

Comments Please

Best Regards
Danny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A nightmare thousands go through by allowing the host/designer to buy your name. I guess the only way out is to threaten/proceed with a lawsuit but your friend will have to show some sort of proof he/she actually paid for the domain.

•••
The lad has paypal reciepts and the lad is 14 so I am unsure about legal action. People think they are too big for their boots. I am 16 myself.

•••
Ditto what Sublime.Name said. Only legal action can get the domain back...if
you can prove, based on what the law says, about this
. Your being minors
don't make it any easier.

Sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
•••
I was in a MSN convo with them both before and I have loges direct off MSN server so they can't be fiddled with, he sasy the lad Bought the domain off me. Can that be used as proof. He admits the lad bought it off him

Danny

•••
Boardhost said:
I was in a MSN convo with them both before and I have loges direct off MSN server so they can't be fiddled with, he sasy the lad Bought the domain off me. Can that be used as proof. He admits the lad bought it off him

Danny

Only a solicitor (based on your location) can authoritatively answer that.

•••
The lad has now took the domain off him.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back