Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

One question about domain status

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

yes ofcourse

Established Member
Impact
85
I would like to ask what status: client transfer prohibited actually means? I am checking one domain, which will expire in next month and I would like to ask the owner if he would like to sell it to me. However when doing whois, i get client transfer prohibited. Does this actually mean, the domain can not be transfered to my registrar?

Thank you.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
clientTransferProhibited is simply a domain "Transfer Lock". Some registrars call it different things, but it is just a local transfer lock. This can be removed by a simple command to the registry, and is something that can be done via any registrar's control panel.
 
2
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back