Dynadot

discuss One Mans Plan☺

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
About a month ago I sold, or should I say Afternic/GD sold a domain for me; ArkBrands.com for $1,400. While that wasn't my biggest sale to date, it was OK. Not one to just register one "Ark" first word domain, I'd already dropped names like ArkGolf and ArkWeather.com. Since the sale occurred about a month ago, I've been slowly adding back to my "Ark" portfolio with names like ArkDelivery and ArkFrog.com.

For those of you in America, and regardless of whether you're a Christian, there's the coolest ad on TV with a couple of Giraffe's strolling along with a full size replica of an "Ark" in the background....Noah would be proud☺

About The Ark
Ark Encounter features a full-size Noah’s Ark, built according to the dimensions given in the Bible. Spanning 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high, this modern engineering marvel amazes visitors young and old. Ark Encounter is situated in beautiful Grant County in Williamstown, Kentucky, halfway between Cincinnati and Lexington and right off I-75.

If you want to see something cool just go to ArkEncounter.com and check out their site and their logo to see what sort of thing can be done with a domain whose first word is "Ark". Can you imagine a couple of animated Frogs boarding the Ark:xf.smile:

My Plan;

1. Keep adding to my "Ark" portfolio. Currently I own about a dozen "Ark" domains, and I intend to buy about a dozen more. Because I just hand reg domains, I have very little invested (less than $200) in a portfolio potentially worth many many thousands of dollars.

2. Approach the new owners of ArkBrands, the domain I sold, to see if they might be interested in partnering with me in some capacity? By checking "WHOIS" I see where the domain was registered in Auckland NZ July 1st, so I might have to wait until it's developed to meet and greet the new owners.

3. Because I'm not one to sit back and wait for the likes of a Sedo, a Go Daddy, etc. to sell my domains, I plan to actively "outbound" market my domains to potential buyers. Having already sold ArkBrands will only ad to my credibility to sell additional "Ark" domains.

4. Finally the three letter word "Ark" not only starts with an "A" it's easily pronounced and it's highly recognizable.....note the TV exposure of "Ark Encounter"

5. That's it for now, but this is something anyone can do....anyone else do anything similar? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excuse the pun, but I would not go overboard. Its not like ark is some wildly hot keyword. Just because one sells doesn’t mean any other will. Personally prefer arc over ark.

•••
Excuse the pun, but I would not go overboard. Its not like ark is some wildly hot keyword. Just because one sells doesn’t mean any other will. Personally prefer arc over ark.
I actually wanted to pick up ArkBoard(s) because I'm in a surfing town, but no such luck. Some of the pretty good names I hand reg'd ArkDelivery and ArkMade were already scarfed up with ArcDelivery and ArcMade, however neither of them are being used. I was able to buy ArkCharter for reg fee and it appraises for 1,900 at GD and $29,500 at NameWorth while ArcCharter was for sale at reg fee and I wouldn't waste a dime on it.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in and trust me, I won't go overboard:xf.wink:

•••
Also, my point being that because "Ark Encounter" has such a huge presence on National Television, it might add to the credibility of other "Ark" domains being sold in the US. I see where a couple of European domainers have chimed in, and I would like their perspective as well as Brads:xf.wink: I'm aware they don't have the marketing experience that I have, but I'm sure they may have something worthwhile to add to the conversation.

Finally, with "Ark" actually pertaining to things like shipping, water, transportation etc., it makes sense to target domains "for sale" to; Marine, Boating, Yachting, Shipping, Cruising, Animals (aboard the Ark, thus ArkFrog:xf.smile:), Boarding, Sailing and even Water Safety.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back