Dynadot

events Omg Namecheap went crazy!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

itsmeyall

Established Member
Impact
ah shucks! today namecheap went crazy..88 and started selling a bunch of different ngtld for only 88cent. that's pretty cool. Imma see if i can catch some good ones. hee hee

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this sale still on? Can you provide a link? I cannot find it on NameCheap.

•••
•••
Is this sale still on? Can you provide a link? I cannot find it on NameCheap.

Just type in any domaiin name in the search bar (without tld) and you will see their pricing ;)

•••
Just type in any domaiin name in the search bar (without tld) and you will see their pricing ;)

Well, the domain has to be available in the TLD for the price to be shown (or it just says "Make Offer - WHOIS").

So type "lkjdsafjh345n3n4b53k4j5b34n5j" and you'll see their pricing ;)
Or feel free to copy and paste the above :D (just don't register any names)

•••
Yes as far as I know its still running. You can just use their domain picker tool and then when it shows the list of similar available names click the new gtld tab and all the new names will have the phease crazy 88 s! Next to it i got. Some .tech some .site some .xyz .online .website .pw.soace.host .press just be aware some are higher than .com at renewal like. Tech press host are little higher

•••
Yes, as of right now it's still running. I actually thought about reggin' a couple!

Maybe I just need to go to bed! ;)

•••
Yes, as of right now it's still running. I actually thought about reggin' a couple!

Maybe I just need to go to bed! ;)
no get some only 88 cent you have a whole year to flip sell and only will lose less than dollar!!!

•••
no get some only 88 cent you have a whole year to flip sell and only will lose less than dollar!!!
LOL, That's exactly what keeps going through my mind! ;)

•••
.xyz
.tech
.online
.site
.website
.pw
.space
.host
.press

•••
Thanks @RegFee. I like .tech but they're something over $40 for renewals. Yes? Most of the others aren't worth the regfee of 88cents, imho. Unless you can flip them. All the reasonably valuable names have already been registered. If I'm not mistaken. But agree with the above that it's a low entry fee. I'm still searching for something worth registering though :(

•••
that's almost free
best not touch free stuff
it's usually trojan

•••
.club are $1.17 including ICANN fee at GoDaddy. Now .club is a really good New gTLD, imho. But also difficult to find much resellable. But I did reg 2 good ones, which could be used as an alternative to .com yesterday. Reasonable renewals too. So no need to drop after 1 year :) Club bigger than .mobi already. It's making good acceptance levels.

•••
.club are $1.17 including ICANN fee at GoDaddy. Now .club is a really good New gTLD, imho. But also difficult to find much resellable. But I did reg 2 good ones, which could be used as an alternative to .com yesterday. Reasonable renewals too. So no need to drop after 1 year :) Club bigger than .mobi already. It's making good acceptance levels.
Some of these value yet to be seen hos tech press but xyz popular and any really creative dictionary ngtld holds the potentiAAL for awesome aftermarket surprises
Ine can still find 2k and 4k dictionary bgtlds in all extensions that are not premium reserved

•••
Have all the freebies dropped from XYZ yet? Or is that still to come? XYZ has potential, and is at the right price point. But I'd still prefer a .club over the same .xyz, anytime.

Even a dictionary word in one of these new .tlds are still not worth regfee, in many cases. But it does depend a bit on how long you hold and price of renewals. I'm not really interested in spending $1 x 100 domains, and flip 1 or 2 for $100 each. Dropping the rest. I'm wasting my time doing that. I'm not really a flipper in my heart.

•••
another thread
https://www.namepros.com/threads/crazy-88s-sale-at-namecheap-xyz-pw-site-etc.919413/

TL : DR
Sale good until Feb 29th 2016

xyz ..................... $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 9.88/year
club .................... $1.88/year .................... Reg. Price 10.88/year
tech .................... $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 45.88/year
online ................. $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 32.88/year
site ..................... $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 25.88/year
rocks ................... $7.88/year .................... Reg. Price 10.48/year
website ............... $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 19.88/year
pw ...................... $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 7.88/year
space ................. $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 7.88/year
host ................... $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 84.88/year
co ...................... $9.88/year .................... Reg. Price 22.99/year
me .................... $6.88/year .................... Reg. Price 18.99/year
design ............... $6.88/year .................... Reg. Price 42.88/year
rent ................... $8.88/year .................... Reg. Price 58.88/year
press ................ $0.88/year .................... Reg. Price 63.88/year
college .............. $8.88/year .................... Reg. Price 58.88/year

•••
Have all the freebies dropped from XYZ yet? Or is that still to come? XYZ has potential, and is at the right price point. But I'd still prefer a .club over the same .xyz, anytime.

Even a dictionary word in one of these new .tlds are still not worth regfee, in many cases. But it does depend a bit on how long you hold and price of renewals. I'm not really interested in spending $1 x 100 domains, and flip 1 or 2 for $100 each. Dropping the rest. I'm wasting my time doing that. I'm not really a flipper in my heart.
I like to participate in the sales bargains so i can try a lot of my ideas. I sometimes get ideas of what may be very valuable in the ngtlds by experimenting at the hand regs then i find what is ballpark value and i plan for the long haul on the really good ones and plan for short term on average ones
Someone may consider one of them gem where i was just guessing

•••
Related Question: I don't typically go for the ngTLDs, so if I found a fun one like foobargh .club and foobarghclub .com is also available, should I get the matching dot com? All of a sudden the $1 with a year to flip becomes $10 LOL And with the intent of selling as a matched pair so the new owner can redirect the com

Also lemme know if this topic is better as it's own new thread

•••
Related Question: I don't typically go for the ngTLDs, so if I found a fun one like foobargh .club and foobarghclub .com is also available, should I get the matching dot com? All of a sudden the $1 with a year to flip becomes $10 LOL And with the intent of selling as a matched pair so the new owner can redirect the com

Also lemme know if this topic is better as it's own new thread
what exaclty is foobargh i dont know what that means but sometimes i am behind the times

but in my view if you have .com its the premier over any ngtld so if you got .com availabe most investor will say get that first but i still don't understand what foobargh is its not self explanitory

•••
foobar is a generic placeholder and I just tweaked the spelling, this is NOT at all the actual domain pair I am asking about because I haven't registered anything yet!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foobar

Is there a better way to represent matching text strings for domain names? This is the second thread I've confused people in, I'm new so maybe there is a better or standard way I am missing?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back