Dynadot

Official Twitter Domain Marketing Thread - Let's Discuss!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I've heard a bit about people using Twitter as a domain sales / marketing tool.

This post is to invite those who are interested in sharing their Twitter marketing strategies and tips. I have very little knowledge about Twitter and have heard several times about initiating contact with potential buyers there. Is it really that simple. Can it seem spammy? And for those of you who wouldn't recommend using Twitter, please do share your thoughts as well.

One question for those who do market on Twitter:

Do you recommend marketing one domain from a Twitter account created for that particular domain? I have a domain and have signed up for to reserve the same @keyword on Twitter to include with the domain sale as an extra perk if the buyer needs it. Would you recommend marketing the domain to business owners via Twitter from that account?

For example, If I had BowlingShoes.com and I wanted to market to a bowling shoes company, would you recommend I retweet news about bowling shoes with the hash "#bowlingshoes" to attract buyers or even go as far as putting @BowlingShoesCompanyName1, @BowlingShoesCompanyName2, etc to attract buyers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had mixed results, the number of impressions vary based on the number of tweets obviously, but I have no reasonable evidence a sale has directly resulted from twitter. What I have noticed after 6 months of daily interactions are the number of spam accounts that "follow" me. Auto DMs and spam likes on old tweets are really annoying. Lots of automation make it impossible to pierce through to actual end users. Not to mention most large organizations hire managers to handle all their social media.

The next step is to sponsor a few posts with mixed media, I will report my results once I have a good amount of impressions.

•••
My view is create one generic Twitter id and continue with it rather than creating ids for each domain name.

•••
I'd use one account for all domains, everything else may be difficult to handle if you have more domains.

Actually I'm yet at the beginning but this is what I have experienced so far. Not a heavy Twitter user, I use Twitter for reaching people I would never reach with the typical auction platforms. My goal is reach and creating awareness about the domain name.

You could use hashtags which target a broader customer circle, for example if you have car.com you could also use hashtag cardealer, cartuning,... I use hashtagify.me to find high volume tags and tags I would never have thought of before, especially abbreviations and acronyms related to that specific industry of your domain.
Every time you tweet about the domain you can try different tags to reach new users.

You can also do a Twitter search for your domain name, if you find high relevant tweets for "car", share a tweet and write sth. like "you/they could do with car.com". Don't forget to use their main hashtag and do a research for high volume related tags again. You could also try to mention @ the people, I haven't tried it because this might be a bit spammy imo.

You can get more user interaction and therefor more reach if you create your tweet funny or anything else as just "car.com is for sale". I also try to always add a image to my tweets.

Just my 2 cents, still a LOT to explore.

The next step is to sponsor a few posts with mixed media, I will report my results once I have a good amount of impressions.

It would be great if you share your experience!

•••
Quick question

Ive Identified 350 people ive followed. Now I want to DM them about a domain I have that would interest them.
How many DM can i send.
I sent 15 and it came up that I was being flagged for automated tweeting.
So I left it for 30 mins

And started tweeting DM again.
I got to 12 more and it locked out my account.

It wanted to phone verify account so I did.

and now the following list has reduced to ZERO.

It even says on the twitter support page you can have 1000 Direct Messages a day.
But yet I get shut down for 29?

Anybody have any ideas?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back