Dynadot

discuss .GG Showcase and Discussion

NameSilo
Watch

Josh R

Josh.coTop Member
Impact
the (.gg) domain extension has widespread adoption within the gaming community. ".GG" which stands for "Good Game" is frequently used to for eSports teams and gaming startups in particular.

Here are a few sales on Park.io last month (October 2019).
Hero.gg - $2,134
Mobile.gg - $401
Reflex.gg $104
Doom.gg $130
Cloud.gg $1,020
Dating.gg $385

I expect as the gaming industry continues to mature and more startups emerge, we'll see some decent end-user sales in the .gg domain extension.

Earlier this year Bet.gg sold for $8,503, and Super.gg was sold for $7,500 at the end of last year.

I expect there have been more private sales to end-users but that's just speculation.

Do you own any .gg domains? Showcase and discuss .GG in this thread.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can anyone answer.

Are there "premium" renewals in this extension? Or, put another way, are all annual renewals priced the same?
The registry is solid, they charge the same for all .gg domains, no "premium" sorting.

Up until a year or two ago, they also used to mail your renewal invoice along with the 30 day email reminder!

Last year when you Googled site:.GG there was around 4,000,000 results. Now it's at nearly 16,000,000.
Caps out at about 192 results, anything more results as very similar to. And then after that caps out at a grand total of 372 results. I think that's more realistic site-wise anyways.

•••
I said to myself just one more...

Tower seems to be a popular keyword in gaming, tower defence games etc, also see companies using it in their website names....

Tower
.gg

EDIT:

Sods law - just got an email from Godaddy saying they could not register the domain :xf.confused:

Last edited:
•••
I said to myself just one more...

Tower seems to be a popular keyword in gaming, tower defence games etc, also see companies using it in their website names....

Tower
.gg

EDIT:

Sods law - just got an email from Godaddy saying they could not register the domain :xf.confused:

Was this After you had just registered it ?? Or what happen at checkout ?

•••
Was this After you had just registered it ?? Or what happen at checkout ?
Paid for it and 5min later got an email saying the below.....had the same email 3 times from them today

We couldn't register tower.gg.

This is the error message we got from the registry: Domain failed availability check: Domain cannot be registered because another domain was found in a restricted status

We'll look into why this happened and try to fix it. But if we're still unable to register the domain, we'll go ahead and give you a refund (allow one business day for processing).

Shame, thought I had grabbed a decent one :xf.wink:

•••
Show attachment 133918 FYI don’t use GD mobile ( best not to search on GD at first , I usually alwYs check Whois, Incase searches get logged and your hand reg gets regd)

NOT available!!

Built out site Level.gg

Paid for it and 5min later got an email saying the below.....had the same email 3 times from them today

We couldn't register tower.gg.

This is the error message we got from the registry: Domain failed availability check: Domain cannot be registered because another domain was found in a restricted status

We'll look into why this happened and try to fix it. But if we're still unable to register the domain, we'll go ahead and give you a refund (allow one business day for processing).

Shame, thought I had grabbed a decent one :xf.wink:

By any chance did you do this on Mobile Version?

This shouldn’t be happening!

I just checked Whois, it was reg’d 23rd October!
A778DDC6-D874-4A15-91C6-F335EF271DA2.png

GoDaddy needs to fix this! Sry about to hear this mate.

•••
By any chance did you do this on Mobile Version?

This shouldn’t be happening!

I just checked Whois, it was reg’d 23rd October!
Show attachment 134163

GoDaddy needs to fix this! Sry about to hear this mate.
Was on the laptop. Did a bulk search via Namecheap for .gg names and went and registered this one.

Godaddy are a bit of a joke....your right it should not be happening, but it is and will continue to do so as they don't really care...

•••
•••
I registered a .gg this morning. Even though GD appraisals don't mean anything to most investors, I do like higher gd appraisals to support my prices.

I regged LEAD.gg this morning. It's the only one I will register. I will now try to sell it.

•••
I registered a .gg this morning. Even though GD appraisals don't mean anything to most investors, I do like higher gd appraisals to support my prices.

I regged LEAD.gg this morning. It's the only one I will register. I will now try to sell it.
was on my thinking list...GL with it (y)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I Liked This One So Picked Up Another ...

iGaming

Should Be My Last But We Will See...

•••
You domainers are masters in wasting money!

In my humble opinion only VR.gg has potential ..

for me I would only interested in acquiring e.gg :xf.grin:

•••
You domainers are masters in wasting money!

In my humble opinion only VR.gg has potential ..

for me I would only interested in acquiring e.gg :xf.grin:
Hmm

•••
Back in my Counterstrike days, when it was time for another round, everyone would type gogogo!

So I got gogogo.gg.

•••
I Knew I Had Heard The Term "gg" Somewhere Before...

An Old Friend Of Mine Always Used This When Playing Poker Online...

He Always Typed gg (win or lose)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back