Domain Empire

.cc Official .CC Discussion and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How much are .cc domains worth ? Just wanna know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TomB said:
I've got 10+ two character CCs, but I think prices are probably still too low for me to sell them right now.

LL.cc's price is raising now, especially in Chinese domain market. Just hold them for few more years, and you shell see a nice return then.

Also, generic .CC is doing good little by little. Received a low $xxxx offer my liqour.cc , which I just hand registered it few months ago. As I said, I will keep it for few more years and see what happen.

Overall, I am pretty positive for the growth of .cc. :hearts:

•••
Why is .cc growing in the chinese domain market? Is it because people believe it is the ccTLD for China...because I used to think that once for some reason.

Anyway I got fck.cc and duf.cc so hopefully this extension will be worth something one day.

•••
GF4444 said:
b. Been getting traffic on any .cc sites?
I've only developed one .cc domain so far www.free-games.cc
But it's getting an average of around 150 visitors pr. day, and a few Ad clicks so getting traffic to a .cc site isn't a problem (even if 150/day isn't that much...) :)

•••
Dean26 said:
Why is .cc growing in the chinese domain market? Is it because people believe it is the ccTLD for China...because I used to think that once for some reason.

.CC was first introduced to China as "chinese company". Now, most Chinese pefer .CN. But .cc is still good in China market compared to other ccTLD.

Dean26 said:
b. Been getting traffic on any .cc sites?
Yes, for example, http://www.wretch.cc/ is a Taiwan website having Alexa 100th ranking :p

•••
Quoting me on something I didnt say...

Anyway could you tell me how .cc would rank against other extensions in China? Would it be right after .com, .net and .cn? Or would .org and .tv also be ahead of it? Also wouldnt the introduction of internationalised extensions drop the value of .cn and .cc a lot since China would use an extension with Chinese characters?

•••
Here's a history of dot cc
http://www.web.cc/advertisements/newmldomains.html
a piece of it...
..."...DotCC's system registers names in more than 28 languages and character sets. This compares favorably with experimental "testbed" registries offered by competitors and with systems that require additional software or alternative-root servers. Adoption of functioning multi-language systems by many competitors has been delayed by a difficult process of setting and implementing standards. ..."

•••
picked up from dropping, my first .cc ever

5000 dot cc,

what do you guys think,
I hear that china loves .cc and numbers too,
so it might bring little hope
;)

•••
dalBono said:
picked up from dropping, my first .cc ever

5000 dot cc,

what do you guys think,
I hear that china loves .cc and numbers too,
so it might bring little hope
;)

Can you please share with us your development plan on 5000.cc ?

Just FYI. Here are some samples how chinese use numbers :

5 - dance (舞), or I (我)
52 - I love
520 - I love you (我爱你)
168 - fortune all the way (一路发)
888 - fortune, fortune, fortune (发发发)

Of course, there should be more usage. Comments are welcome.

:D

•••
5000cc is an engine size if that helps.

•••
Timewarp said:
5000cc is an engine size if that helps.

A site for motorcycle perhaps. :tu:

•••
Dont think motorbikes go to 5000cc. 1000 or 500 would be better for that.

•••
Hi,

Can someone please tell me the value of a random NNN.CC?
Are they all taken?

•••
I know there are still LLL.cc left but dont know about NNN.cc. Is NNN generally more popular/valuable then LLL?

Looking at google trends .cc is searched most in Austria and Germany and not China as I would have expected. Any explanation to this?

Last edited:
•••
anders_oie@hotm said:
Hi,

Can someone please tell me the value of a random NNN.CC?
Are they all taken?
I'll try to get around to scanning for available LLL.cc domains tonight and post a refreshed list. Until then, try one of my links above, there should be plenty of LLL.cc available.

M.

Dean26 said:
I know there are still LLL.cc left but dont know about NNN.cc. Is NNN generally more popular/valuable then LLL?

Looking at google trends .cc is searched most in Austria and Germany and not China as I would have expected. Any explanation to this?

Not sure on that myself. Last time i was home (Austria), i've seen quite some advertisements that reflected .cc domains. This alone strikes me as odd, as there are plenty of .at domains left to be regged.

M.

•••
Dean26 said:

I scanned all nnn.cc right now. None available ATM.

I might post couple of good available .cc's later..

•••
Thanks! But not yet worth anything?

EG.domains said:
I scanned all nnn.cc right now. None available ATM.

•••
I don't see why the Chinese would want to get a .cc instead of .cn when .cn is only a fraction of the cost and is also their country code.

•••
EG.domains said:
These domains available at the time of this post.

shall.cc
could.cc
should.cc
dropping.cc
against.cc
amount.cc
angry.cc
breath.cc
false.cc
cause.cc
motive.cc
dilemma.cc
whenever.cc
while.cc

•••
OMG! I wish I had money. However the fact that such good domains are available worries me.

•••
stub said:
I don't see why the Chinese would want to get a .cc instead of .cn when .cn is only a fraction of the cost and is also their country code.
Ditto.

•••
stub said:

As a chinese, here is my personal preference among .com, .cn, .cc

1. china.com
2. china.cn
3. 中国.com
4. 中国.cn
5. china.cc
6. 中国.cc

•••
james0306 said:
As a chinese, here is my personal preference among .com, .cn, .cc

1. china.com
2. china.cn
3. 中国.com
4. 中国.cn
5. china.cc
6. 中国.cc
If you consider all other available extensions, would .cc still rank third behind .com and .cn?

M.

•••
Mike said:
If you consider all other available extensions, would .cc still rank third behind .com and .cn?

M.

True, .cc won't be third rank if we consider .mobi, .tv or other gTLD.
An approx usage among chinese is like :

50% .com
35% .cn
15% all other TLDs

•••
stub said:

For the same reason everyone doesn't have COM only, .cn may be better but .cc could also do the job if other choices are taken.

Id rather have iphone.cc then myiphone.cn or myiiphonesshopz.com ;)

•••
Timewarp said:
For the same reason everyone doesn't have COM only, .cn may be better but .cc could also do the job if other choices are taken.

Id rather have iphone.cc then myiphone.cn or myiiphonesshopz.com ;)

Agreed. As the example mentioned before, wretch.cc is now the 2nd ranking site in Taiwan. (1st is Yahoo.com.tw)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back