IT.COM

4D THREAD - DISCUSSION, SALES, HANDREGS, NEWS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
Since 3D has its own thread and there's no official 4D / 4DX thread as yet how about we start one now?

Just regged:

4DX.co

Kinda like this older reg:

3D24D.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Exactly.. that has got nothing to do with 3d printing but is simply some enhanced traditional printing with additional bells & whistles, using "5d printing" as a marketing term..

•••
I started a thread about 4D printing about an hour ago not realising this thread existed. :(

Registered these about a year ago with expectation that it would take 3-7 years for 4D printers to make it into the home:

4DHomePrinter.com
4DHomePrinters.com
4DHomePrinting.com

Now just a case of holding them until the right offer comes along one day or year - hopefully. :laugh:

Seriously though, it is great to see some sales already recorded for this emerging technology market. :)

•••
•••
•••
4DReplicators 4DReplication 4DCinemaPods

•••
•••
•••
Only holding one 4D name...

4D SEX ;)

•••
Any news or sales in this niche?

•••
Regged a handful of dot coms .Would appreciate feedback if poss.thanks -

theatre4d
scanner4d
printable4d
projector4d
movies4d
4dsensing

•••
Regged a handful of dot coms .Would appreciate feedback if poss.thanks -

theatre4d
scanner4d
printable4d
projector4d
movies4d
4dsensing

@Axc, the only feedback I can give you is from my experience with 3D domains over the years... Although there is some small market for domains with 3D at the end of the name, this market is pretty much limited to Europe - By far, the preference is to have the 3D at the beginning of the name. (And this makes sense, as this way you type a single number, followed by all letters... easier on the consumer...) I can only assume that the same preferences will apply with 4D. (I don't think it will be like VR domains, where a naming convention has emerged with kw + VR being desirable.) JMHO, but I would concentrate more on the 4D + kw configuration vs. kw + 4D. ;)

•••
4DMRI

Four-Dimensional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (4D MRI)

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) uses pulsed radio frequency and magnets to create computer images used for screening and diagnosis.

4D flow MRI is a leading-edge imaging technique that offers a more comprehensive picture of the heart and the aorta. The fourth dimension is movement, allowing clinicians to better visualize blood flow through the cardiovascular system and potentially identify areas that warrant closer follow up.

MRI of the heart may be done to assess signs or symptoms of a number of heart conditions, including:

• Aneurysm: A weak or widened spot in the heart muscle or aorta
  • Atherosclerosis: A gradual clogging of the arteries by plaque and other fatty material in the blood stream
  • Cardiac tumor: A growth on the outside surface or inside the heart
  • Cardiomyopathy: A thick, weakened heart muscle
  • Congenital heart disease: Defects in the heart that develop before birth
  • Heart failure: When a weakened heart muscle can’t pump enough blood to the body
  • Heart valve disease: Damaged heart valves that can prevent adequate blood flow in the heart
Read more: https://www.nm.org/conditions-and-care-areas/tests/four-dimensional-magnetic-resonance-imaging

Last edited:
•••
4DMRI

Four-Dimensional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (4D MRI)

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) uses pulsed radio frequency and magnets to create computer images used for screening and diagnosis.

4D flow MRI is a leading-edge imaging technique that offers a more comprehensive picture of the heart and the aorta. The fourth dimension is movement, allowing clinicians to better visualize blood flow through the cardiovascular system and potentially identify areas that warrant closer follow up.

MRI of the heart may be done to assess signs or symptoms of a number of heart conditions, including:

• Aneurysm: A weak or widened spot in the heart muscle or aorta
  • Atherosclerosis: A gradual clogging of the arteries by plaque and other fatty material in the blood stream
  • Cardiac tumor: A growth on the outside surface or inside the heart
  • Cardiomyopathy: A thick, weakened heart muscle
  • Congenital heart disease: Defects in the heart that develop before birth
  • Heart failure: When a weakened heart muscle can’t pump enough blood to the body
  • Heart valve disease: Damaged heart valves that can prevent adequate blood flow in the heart
Read more: https://www.nm.org/conditions-and-care-areas/tests/four-dimensional-magnetic-resonance-imaging
I know I have mentioned this in other threads before but back in the 90's 4D was a term that represented somewhat of a hologram in imaging. Appearing 3 dimensional but without actual physical form.
Of course this was before we could produce such a thing in reality.

But the medical community did and still does use it in that respect but has been applied to images that you can see through to the other side like in a sonogram and cat-scans/MRI.

So it does still live as a term with medical and science.

•••
4DLenses / 4DVirtuality

New camera designed by Stanford researchers could improve robot vision and virtual reality

Stanford engineers have developed a 4D camera with an extra-wide field of view. They believe this camera can be better than current options for close-up robotic vision and augmented reality.
A new camera that builds on technology first described by Stanford researchers more than 20 years ago could generate the kind of information-rich images that robots need to navigate the world. This camera, which generates a four dimensional image, can also capture nearly 140 degrees of information.

“We want to consider what would be the right camera for a robot that drives or delivers packages by air. We’re great at making cameras for humans but do robots need to see the way humans do? Probably not,” said Donald Dansereau, a postdoctoral fellow in electrical engineering.

Read more: http://news.stanford.edu/2017/07/21/new-camera-improve-robot-vision-virtual-reality/#

•••
Still waiting for this thread to blow up.

4D is going to be huge by 2020. Rapid Prototyping, Robotics, etc all goes hand in hand.

•••
•••
Still waiting for this thread to blow up.

4D is going to be huge by 2020. Rapid Prototyping, Robotics, etc all goes hand in hand.
I just hear crickets.

•••
•••
•••
•••
The latest domain in my portfolio - 4D supply .com.... many similar domains like 3d supply or 3d supply + kw are working businesses, so some hope for the near future

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back