Dynadot

4D THREAD - DISCUSSION, SALES, HANDREGS, NEWS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
Since 3D has its own thread and there's no official 4D / 4DX thread as yet how about we start one now?

Just regged:

4DX.co

Kinda like this older reg:

3D24D.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
older 4d news from smithsonian:

smithsonianmag.com/innovation/Objects-That-Change-Shape-On-Their-Own-180951449/?no-ist

•••
Sorry, cant see any value in 4D names, it will take a few years until 3D (only 3d Printing) really mature so by then, the renewals fees you have paid will certainly dent any profit you might have made

Just my opinion though

Last edited:
•••
well like all threads on here its all just opinion isnt it?

no value in 4d for years to come? well i guess thats it then!

4d domains are officially trashed on the 2nd post by gilescoley! must be a record on here but thats expected on such sites isnt it then?

thanks mate just what this thread needed was an initial negative comment and to a new members thread to boot. good on ya

okdokey smokey so who else is bashing 4d domains, come on now ??

too bad maybe the other 4d owners cant add something POSITIVE ???

JUST MY OPINION THOUGH!

•••
4D is going to be HUGE....

At least one dimension bigger than 3D.

•••
I own 4DPrints.org, 4DPrint.co.uk and 4Ds.co.uk.

I've personally seen enough evidence to believe that taking a shot on a few names could be profitable.

4D printing is already a reality and while 3D printing is still taking off, there is bound to be something after that... which is 4D printing.

http://www.ted.com/talks/skylar_tibbits_the_emergence_of_4d_printing

•••
•••
thanks mate

You're welcome, I aim to please

4d domains are officially trashed on the 2nd post by gilescoley! must be a record on here but thats expected on such sites isnt it then?

Easy tiger, take your happy pills, it does say "discussions" as well, so don't get your knickers in a twist if its not what you want to hear

You have only just signed up at NP so you will learn that all the comments you get wont always be what you want to hear, you just have to live with that and move on, rather than take it personally

I seriously wish you all the best though

•••
4d domains are officially trashed on the 2nd post

Well its a forum about selling domans at a profit and no one really knows what the future holds. It's easy to throw money into the future and never see it again - it's always great to hear from domainers like Giles Coley who actually make money and read the future well, as with cloud names.

It is worth reading up on 4dprinting as it is already happening - but from the consumer point of view it might just be seen as a cool special case of 3dprinting - creating objects that modify themselves after they get 3D printed. So the term 4dprinting might just stay a low-value tech term like NFC or Bluetooth.

Last edited:
•••
To help put some faith back in your 4D domains post, I sold 4dprinter.net for $8000 this year and another NP member sold 4dprinting.info for $1000 a few months ago. Yes, 4D technology is in it's infancy and it's probably not worth investing in hundreds of related domains, but I still own 4dprinting.org and 4dprinter.org and will continue to renew them for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
•••
4D is not simply just an extension of 3D, at least when it comes to printing.. go read up what is really meant by the term "4D printing" and then you will start to get a grasp of what a complete gamechanger it is going to be compared to 3D printing.. but it's true it will take a long while for this technology to take off, especially for the masses..

•••
Oh 4D printers, thought the OP was taking about movies! LOL

•••
This thread seems to be about 4d in general, but this also includes 4d printing of course..

•••
People change shape when they overeat. Does that make them 4d?
I'd say they are just a bigger 3d.

•••
For now, I see value in 4D domains only as a brandable ones.. same as a 5D, 6D, etc. names
e.g. 6Dprint.com doesn't mean anything, but it can be a nice domain for a printing business.

•••
I sold 4dprinter.net for $8000 this year and another NP member sold 4dprinting.info for $1000 a few months ago

I sold 4dprinting.info for $1000 and had contact whit the buyer of 4dprinter.net.
He asks for a 4d domain i own.
These buyers are not end users,
bud hardcore 4D believers!

•••
For now, I see value in 4D domains only as a brandable ones.. same as a 5D, 6D, etc. names
e.g. 6Dprint.com doesn't mean anything, but it can be a nice domain for a printing business.
you have a point there.
I had som offers on 5dprinters.com,

•••
I have some 4d names two:

4d-film.com
i4dprinting.com
4dprintstore.com
4dprintershop.com
3d4dprintshop.com
print3d4d.com
4dfilament.com

4dprinting.us
4dprinters.net
4dprinters.org
4dprint.org .eu
4dprinter.eu

impresora4d.es
stampante4d.it
4d-printing.nl

Some 4d fans want to buy?(:

•••
You're welcome, I aim to please

Easy tiger, take your happy pills, it does say "discussions" as well, so don't get your knickers in a twist if its not what you want to hear

You have only just signed up at NP so you will learn that all the comments you get wont always be what you want to hear, you just have to live with that and move on, rather than take it personally

I seriously wish you all the best though

Hey GC its all good!

I had a bad day when a decent $$$$$ 4d private sale went south and the buyer didnt go thru with it yesterday actually and I wasn't in a great mood 4 sure.

Im sure glad to see others are also into 4d and 4dx and some sales going thru too.

4dx however may be a niche thats more mainstream sooner than 4d printing tech possibly??

TM may be an issue however on 4dx term?

•••
•••
•••
I have some 4d names two:

4d-film.com
i4dprinting.com
4dprintstore.com
4dprintershop.com
3d4dprintshop.com
print3d4d.com
4dfilament.com

4dprinting.us
4dprinters.net
4dprinters.org
4dprint.org .eu
4dprinter.eu

impresora4d.es
stampante4d.it
4d-printing.nl

Some 4d fans want to buy?:)[/QUOT E]

some decent ones here 4 sure!

4dprinters.net could sell for a few $$$$ possibly

•••
programaterial dot com

programmablematters dot com

Last edited:
•••
Medical applications for 4D is going to be huge in time i imagine.

so regged:

4DUltraSoundProbe.com

Look it up.

•••
Sony recently introduced there latest Auto Focus Camera Tech called '4DFocus' at Photokina 2014

so had to get:

4DAutoFocus.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back