NameSilo

question Offer/Counter Offer Strategy!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Domainerio

New Member
Impact
2
So I received an offer for one my domains, the offer is only at 1/3 of my initial BIN, so I countered for about %80 of the BIN..
it has been a couple of days and didn't hear back from the buyer.. he didn't refuse, accept or even counter.. is this a good sign or bad sign or what?!

Please share your thoughts. Thank you
 
0
Close
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
So I received an offer for one my domains, the offer is only at 1/3 of my initial BIN, so I countered for about %80 of the BIN..
it has been a couple of days and didn't hear back from the buyer.. he didn't refuse, accept or even counter.. is this a good sign or bad sign or what?!

Please share your thoughts. Thank you
Who knows. There is not much you can do at the moment other than wait IMO.
All buyers and negotiations are unique.

Brad
 
2
Close
Upvote 1
So I received an offer for one my domains, the offer is only at 1/3 of my initial BIN, so I countered for about %80 of the BIN..
it has been a couple of days and didn't hear back from the buyer.. he didn't refuse, accept or even counter.. is this a good sign or bad sign or what?!

Please share your thoughts. Thank you
Extremely common to get offers that go nowhere. Get used to it unfortunately. Sometimes someone who has a similar name is just fishing for your lowest price.
 
2
Close
Upvote 0
Extremely common to get offers that go nowhere. Get used to it unfortunately. Sometimes someone who has a similar name is just fishing for your lowest price.
It seemed a serious offer, I'm asking to check if I used a wrong approach or not, also to get to know the buyers mind in such cases.
 
0
Close
Upvote 0
Who knows. There is not much you can do at the moment other than wait IMO.
All buyers and negotiations are unique.

Brad
Yes I'll keep waiting with hopeful thinking ☺️
 
2
Close
Upvote 0
I'm asking to check if I used a wrong approach or not, also to get to know the buyers mind in such cases.
Hi

unless the buyer is someone you've dealt with before,
then it's impossible to know "the buyers mind" in any case.

an exception might come when speaking with someone on the phone, or via lots of back-and-forth email negotiations, where you might get a "feel" for their need of wanting the name.

but on marketplace platforms where communication is limited, one has to be patient and be prepared for a "no sale".

Good Luck, though!

imo...
 
0
Close
Upvote 0
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Domain Recover
CryptoExchange.com

NamePros updates

Parking: your own icon for your portfolio
You can now upload a small icon (a favicon) for your portfolio. Browsers show it in the tab and in bookmarks. It shows on your NamePros...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back