discuss .O Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Managed by independent members of the community OpenNIC
Any opinion
Right now are for reg. at Epik.com
I don't know if other registrar ofer for registration .O
Notice also already few of them sold on Namepros
Any idea how to be setup on/for VPN to add content ?
Personal i reg. few among them: Mexic.o, Tatto.o , Cong.o , Audi.o , Radi.o , SanFrancisc.o &
Toky.o - for 2021 :xf.wink:
Show here your registration & your opinion or any info

Kind regards,
Ovi

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This thread isn’t about OpenNIC’s .o, though. Rob has clarified that Epik’s .o is completely separate. Registering a .o domain at Epik won’t get you an OpenNIC .o domain.
That's more worrisome. Is Epik the Registry or the Registrar of the .O domain?

•••
•••
Epik's .geek and OpenNIC's .geek aren't the same. example.geek at Epik and example.geek at OpenNIC could be owned and controlled by two separate people.
so it would depend on which dns server ip?

•••
Yes but what if there is a world war or corporate internet takeover? Or an alien space war? :ROFL:

No one will be able to access the name unless they have access to your server... The hole thing is worthless

•••
Ive Got Nude.o If Anyone Is Interested.

•••
Who's nude do you posses? Epik's or OpenNIC's? :xf.smile::xf.wink:

:xf.grin:
This Was An Impulse Purchase At Epik Bargain Bin.

I Had No Idea These Do Not Resolve.

•••
I have tested one of alt domain on different browser with additional plugin ,but still not working . Its really confusing in facts that domain registered at epik and opennic really different. I also check there is no browser that support ALT domain extension without additional complicated setting on our device.

•••
@Rob
If you have registered from Epik, it is supposed to work on Anonymize.com VPN or Anonymize.com Secure DNS resolver or Through non existent partner APIs. If your domains (sic) don't resolve using them, head for a refund and apology from Epik.
Just to check how it works, I registered 123.geek for free from openNIC and it works fine using Blockchain DNS plugin for chrome.
@Rob Monster @Pat8 Few days back, I have purchased one (ALT) domain from EPIK marketplace, and asked regarding non resolving DNS. I have already support ticket regarding that. Your support team told me that they found some issue resolving ALT domains, and if we face any troubles, then we will receive refund. Now, If that domain is not syncing with OpenNIC, then i will surely request refund. How can i request refund for that?

•••
•••
167379_ee0db3c772e9d0c6609d6f5c6a9fd20d.png

Can you please tell us why you're trying to avoid explaining this @Rob Monster
This is what the whole thread was about before it went technical? It was about misleading people into thinking that these alt domains are generic domains , and they were sold here on namepros for newbies for that same reason too?
I noticed that you're now redirecting this page https://www.epik.com/tld/o
but you can clearly see how misleading it was on google caches (or from the screenshot above)
I hope you won't ignore this message too ?

You are looking at a hidden page.

The TLD is generic.

However as a professional courtesy, we did 2 things:

1. We previously pulled the OpenNIC TLDs so they cannot be bought. There are now just 2 Alts:

https://registrar.epik.com/prices/registration/alt

2. We added OpenNIC TLDs to the Toki DNS resolver which Raspberry Pi users can download here for free:

https://os.toki.com/

So, what's your beef now? Please enlighten the good people of NP with your heavy-handed rant.

Regardless, a Happy Easter to you and yours.

•••
@Rob

@Rob Monster @Pat8 Few days back, I have purchased one (ALT) domain from EPIK marketplace, and asked regarding non resolving DNS. I have already support ticket regarding that. Your support team told me that they found some issue resolving ALT domains, and if we face any troubles, then we will receive refund. Now, If that domain is not syncing with OpenNIC, then i will surely request refund. How can i request refund for that?
@Rob Monster

•••
Slow replies here due to Easter events for the family. Have a good one.

@Rob Monster Will there be an aftermarket to sell these Alt tld domain names?
I want to sell my domain name SE.O :xf.smile:

There will be an after-market for Alt Domains. However, we suspended selling OpenNic domains for the time being. Domains that were sold will continue to resolve on Epik and Toki.

Refund sent.

But again since you saw my question and you avoid answering the direct question , instead you went again promoting that Toki website. Then I'm out of questions. Thank you

The reference is to invite folks to verify that indeed that it is as advertised -- it resolves OpenNIC domains. The download is fast now but you will need a Raspberry Pi server:

upload_2020-4-12_18-6-28.png

https://os.toki.com/

•••
Managed by independent members of the community OpenNIC
Any opinion
Right now are for reg. at Epik.com
I don't know if other registrar ofer for registration .O
Notice also already few of them sold on Namepros
Any idea how to be setup on/for VPN to add content ?
Personal i reg. few among them: Mexic.o, Tatto.o , Cong.o , Audi.o , Radi.o , SanFrancisc.o &
Toky.o - for 2021 :xf.wink:
Show here your registration & your opinion or any info

Kind regards,
Ovi
Any update ?
Any software support ?

@Jonah Aragon @Epik.com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back